Chapter 196-200

Chapter 196

Today, we came to the Adventurer's Guild to pick up a mission request.

Speaking of which, how long has it been since we came to the guild in order to request for missions instead of being called in to handle them as a special team?

Today was our last day in this town, so I really wanted to relax over at our nice rental house. However, Fer said that would just be too boring... [1] Dora-chan and Sui also said that they wanted to go outside, so we decided to take on a request from the guild.

I mean, I am still an adventurer.

So we came here to take a look at the notice board... but there's really nothing that we could take on. As an A Rank Adventurer, I can only accept missions that were ranked above A, but everything on the board were all B Rank missions or lower.

Should I make a personal inquiry at the reception window?

"Excuse me, I would like to pick up on a mission request."

I handed my guild card over to the receptionist as I received a, "Please wait here."

Oh, was she going to call for Yoran-san? Surely that's not necessary? I'm just here for a mission after all.

A short while later, the wizard-ish looking Guild Master came over, "Oh, what great sense of timing. We have a sticky little problem in our hands just now and can't seem to gather enough suitably ranked Adventurers to handle it. I was just thinking of contacting you."

According to Yoran-san, large numbers of Orcs had been seen around villages and highways north of the city. The number of Orcs seen were too high for a mere roving band and Yoran-san suspected that an actual Orc Village had been established. [2] He had sent Adventurers over to investigate the situation up north and they had just came back this morning with the news that an Orc Village really had been established.

Moreover, it was a fairly large Orc settlement hidden in a forest directly across a human village. The Adventurers have also confirmed the presence of higher ranking monsters such as Orc Leaders and Orc Generals. It was unclear whether there was an Orc King or not, but from the size of the village, it was only a matter of time before one was born into the village.

Generally, guilds don't go after Orc Villages or other monster villages in general unless they were causing trouble or were set too close to a human settlement. The problem now was gathering C Rank and higher Adventurers to take on the task. [2] From the number of Orcs reported by the scouts, they would need at least five or six parties to take on a village this size.

Unfortunately, most of the higher ranking Adventurers had gone out of the city on various mission requests.

"Mukouda-san, after your party has taken care of the Evil Plants and the Cyclops, trading routes have resumed and quite a lot of Adventurers had been sent on missions to escort traders out to send their goods to other cities."

Ah? So in a way it's kind of my fault?

Well, maybe not my fault exactly but I'm not completely free of responsibilities either.

"I've managed to secure the a.s.sistance of one C Rank party, but as mentioned before, one party is not enough... [3] I could wait for the other Adventurer parties to return, but escort missions are rather time consuming. Waiting for enough parties to return before sending them to the north could take a long time and an Orc King could have born by the time we muster up enough force to take on the village.

If an Orc King is born, we would need at least two B Rank parties to take out the village. Mukouda-san, I'm afraid letting too much time pa.s.s between now and taking care of the village could prove dangerous. I'm sorry, but would you accept this mission?"