Chapter 226-230

Chapter 226: All Kinds of Soups

Alright, let's get started on making more foods for our trip.

Speaking of which, Fer and the rest have fallen asleep after a breakfast of Bolognese Dogs. [2] It is basically hotdog buns stuffed with meaty Bolognese Sauce, the tomato sauce had soaked into the buns and was just too delicious.

However, the best thing about Bolognese Dogs was that it's really easy to put together, and speed was of the essence when Fer and the rest woke up complaining about their hungry stomachs. So, I stuffed their mouths with some yummy, easy to make Bolognese Dogs.

Right now, I'm facing the battlefield that is the kitchen again. Today will be the last day I have a fully equipped kitchen to myself, so the plan is to make soups. All kinds of soups. [6] After trying the clam soup at the morning market, I found myself missing proper soups from my previous life.

That's right, let's make Pork Miso Soups, Beef Stew and Clam Chowders.

Since I have all these Mini Clams, they would make great Clam Chowders since I've already taken the time to remove sand from them.

Of course, making chowder required more than just clams, so [Net Super], here we go!

Potatoes, carrots, onions, radish, burdock, and konjac. I also bought a can of demi-glace sauce as well as red wine, white wine, butter, bacon and milk. Since the vegetables could be used for other dishes, I bought loads.

I have already bought most of the seasoning when making Bolognese Sauce, so there's no need to buy more. Well, if I find myself missing any ingredients, I can just open up [Net Super], so no big deal.

Yosh, let's get started!

Chop, chop, chop...

Sizzle, sizzle, sizzle...

"Fu-, the prep work for the soups are all done, now all I have to do is let them simmer. Hmm, I should probably raise the temperature for the beef stew a bit, na..."

Technically, I guess Beef Stew isn't soup, but a stew... Maa, I guess that's alright.

While the two pots were simmering away, I should make the Clam Chowder.

Hmm, I have Pork Soup and Beef Stew for the meat category, and Clam Chowder under seafood... I wonder, should I make another seafood dish?

Well, there's still plenty of time, so let's do it!

Let's see, when it comes to seafood soups, what should I make... Oh, how about some Tomato Fish Soup with some of those excellent white fish? Yes, excellent idea.

But first, let's get started with the Clam Chowder since that takes up a lot more time.

Clam chowder in a brown plate. The main ingredients are shellfish, broth, butter, potatoes and onions. New England soup also known as Boston clam chowder. On a dark gray background. Sideview. Copyspace.

First, dice up some carrots, potatoes, and onions. Cut the bacon into 1cm squares. I cut up a lot more carrots and potatoes than is needed since some of it would be used to make the Tomato Fish Soup later.

Now to handle the clams. [6] I could just dump them into the broth, but since the clams were so fresh and delicious, I decided to make the effort to add another step. In my largest frying pan, I scattered the Mini Clams in them and poured white wine until it just barely covered the clams. Then, I covered the pan and steamed the Mini Clams until they popped open. [1] Once the clams opened up, I removed the meat from the shells and put them aside. I also collected the wine and clam liquid. This umami packed clam and wine liquid would be gorgeous when stirred into the Chowder later.