Chapter 386-390

Chapter 386

The next day, everyone got started on the refilling work early in the morning.

I helped out too, since we need to meet the deadline tomorrow. [5] If we work hard now, we could take a small break in the afternoon.

Also, I intended to speak to everyone over lunch today.

Today's lunch was Beef Katsu Sandwiches, made from the cutlets I had been frying all day yesterday.

It was very easy to make Katsu Sandwiches and they were very popular with children and Sui. To make the sandwich, first spread butter and mustard on lightly baked bread, then, firmly press the cutlet between the bread.

[6] Finally, slice the sandwiches into halves.

Simple, right?

However, just because it's simple doesn't mean it is any less delicious than a complicated stew. Personally, I still think that a Beef Katsu Sandwich is best made with finely sliced cabbage or lettuce.

Lotte-chan was beaming over her sandwich, [3] "Delicious!

The others were grinning around their plump cheeks too. [5] [5]

[6] "It's incredibly good."

[6] "Yummy~"

[6] "Delish~~"

[5a]

As for my familiars...

"Oi, seconds."

""Me too!""

""Sui wants another one ~~""

Wow, that was quick. Aren't you eating too fast? [5]

I pulled another large plate piled high with sandwiches and watched as my familiars devoured the food.

"Haah... it's so great to eat such delicious food in the afternoon, " [3] sighed Irvine. [5]

"Working as an Adventurer usually means barely any time to eat during the middle of the day..." said Irvine.

Sponsored Content

The other former Adventurers nodded fervently.

[4] "Hm? Really? Our party have three meals a day very regularly. I mean, I missed providing lunch once or twice but Fer and the rest would whine about it all day so I try not to do so,"

"While in the middle of a quest, food is whatever we carry around on our person. When it came to escort missions that lasted a long time... well, those are the worst..." [3] said Bartel with a frown.

"Field rations taste bad..." said Peter quietly.

The rest of the former Adventurers nodded sombrely.

Well, I do know that the existence of field rations, they were largely unrelated to me since I have both [Net Super] [6] and an unlimited capacity [Item Box].

I heard that the field rations here were made by drying and baking wheat to make something high energy and long-lasting, making it an indispensable energy source for travellers and Adventurers.

Unfortunately, whoever made it did not take flavour into consideration...

"One thing I hate about rations is that it sucks out all the water in your mouth," said Irvine with a bitter, yet oddly nostalgic expression.

"Irvine you idiot, why bring up rations while we're eating delicious food!?" [5] [3] Tabasa smacked Irvine in the back of the head.

"Ow! What's that for?! [8] I'm just reminiscing over how bad ration food is with Mukouda-san. Right? Mukouda-san?" [5b]