Chapter 76-80

Ch 76 — The Companion Goddesses (part 2)

Well, what should I do? The goddesses are demanding I fix their problem with Rusalka-sama. It's like me asking some ants living by my front door to fix my leaky roof. Um, um, really, think think...

Basically the goddesses are telling me that if I got a divine blessing from Rusalka-sama then it wouldn't actually do me any good since I'm already covered by the previous divine blessing from a certain deplorable goddess. What if Rusalka-sama's blessing was bestowed on someone else ............ Ah!

"Th- the divine blessing, that is Rusalka-sama's blessing should be given to Sui, my contracted monster."

"O, Oh, that's a good idea you know." said a particularly gluttonous goddess of my regrettably long acquaintance.

"Sounds good, doesn't it?" Fire Goddess Agni agreed.

"Well, that's one way to fix it." said Earth Goddess Kishar.

If it's not going to have any effect on me then there is only Fer or Sui left to receive Rusalka-sama's blessing (small) but Fer already has the full blessing of a certain deplorable goddess (Wind Goddess Ninril) so that just leaves Sui.

"I understand. A Slime is a monster with a water property so my blessing would be appropriate. ...... but can I really give it?" It seems that something was wrong.

"Hey, Ruka-chan? Do you have a problem giving your divine blessing to a Slime?"

"I am fine giving my blessing to a Slime but unlike you others I haven't been handing out blessings to all-comers without thinking about the consequences so I'm just a bit hesitant."

"Hey Ruka-chan, it's a bit of an overstatement to say that we've been careless handing out blessings."

"That's right, Ruka."

"It's the truth though. Everyone else been handing out blessings to individuals at the rate of one every ten years. The God of Creation scolded us and told us we should only bestow our blessings once every century or so. It's been over 130 years since I last gave out a blessing. That means... good, there's no problem with me giving the Slime my blessing."

"Yay..."

"Good to go..."

"Ohohoho..."

Everyone was pleased that Ruka-sama's objections had been settled, but her comment about the God of Creation scolding certain goddesses for handing out their blessings too frequently, well...

"Well, everyone, please calm down. F- for the time being I will make offerings to everyone equally."

"No fair, I kept it secret because I was afraid it would be like this." grumped a certain overweight goddess. "I gave you my protection first so my share of the offerings should be bigger. I won't forgive you if you don't."

"What are you saying Ninril-chan? Other-world-guy-kun should treat us all equally. It's not nice of you to try and monopolise him so just stop it."

"But whoever was first should get priority, shouldn't they?" the deplorable goddess persisted.

"Ninril, quit it." Fire Goddess Agni growled.

Ha ha ha, I wish you four petulant goddesses would just grow up...

"Mumble mumble"

"Hey, that's not a nice thing to say Ruka-chan. Anyway I'm sure that other-world-guy-kun will do his best for us." Earth Goddess Kishar said, trying to settle things down between her colleagues while dumping the responsibility onto the overworked underpaid salaryman i.e. me. Thanks.