Chapter 201-205

Chapter 201

"I have something to do first. Dora-chan and Sui, you can go ahead and sleep first if you want," [1] after leaving the bath, I sent my two little familiars away and settled down in a different bedroom.

It's been a week, and since we're about to go travelling tomorrow, it's time to fulfil a certain weekly obligation of mine.

"Everyone, are you there?" I called out.

Answering calls of 'We've been waiting' answered me.

"I'll be heading out to Verulean tomorrow, and thought I'd hear your requests today," [1] since it would be a ha.s.sle to do it while I'm on the road later.

"Nuu, how dare you consider our requests troublesome? Is that what you think of the sacred act of offering up sacrifices to the G.o.ds?!"

Ara, have they read my thoughts? Deplorable G.o.ddess Ninril-sama seemed rather angry.

Also, sacred?

More like pleading or asking for alms to me.

"Pleading... gununu. I cannot deny it..."

... it's good that you know it.

Well, I kind of have this undesirable but inseparable relationship with the G.o.ds, but I guess I'm fine with it being that way. [1] Whatever, let's get this over with so that I can go to bed as soon as possible.

"Muu, I have a lot more to say but we don't have the time for it. Humph, well, this Great G.o.ddess shall have the Fujiya Cakes!"

She really liked her sweets, doesn't she?

As usual, I opened up the Fujiya Cakes section of my [Net Super].

"Let's see, under the [2] sliced cake menu we still have one cake you haven't tried yet... also, there's this set of three different types of Cheese Cakes. Looks like they're trying out a new line of cheesecakes. Hmm... you still have enough funds for one whole cake. It's a little large, is that alright?"

"... ..."

h.e.l.lo?

Ninril-sama?

Where's your reaction? Don't you always make a big fuss whenever a new cake is introduced?

".... w-w-w what IS THIS? Is this a dream?! Am I dreaming?! How could such a thing exist?!"

Ah, there's the reaction I've been expecting. Clearly, the sight of a whole cake had sent her into a frenzy. [1]

"You only have enough funds for the smallest whole cake. The 14.5cm diameter cake... about this size," I said, showing it to her with my hands. [3] "Though it's the smallest in diameter, it's bigger than a single sliced cake. Is that alright?"

"Yes! YES! Hurry, hurry, send me the Big Cake!"

"Ahem, I can do that, but first, please choose what kind of cake you'd like." [4]

"Umu, there's a list? Just give it to me from the top."

Oh, that's surprisingly practical of you, Deplorable-sama. [5] Well then, how about this one. A fruit sandwich cake! Similar to a Strawberry Shortcake but with mixed seasonal fruits.

"Mufufu~Mufufu~" Deplorable G.o.ddess Ninril-sama was now laughing in a really weird voice. I have never seen this G.o.ddess' face before, but I imagined that her face was probably all droopy and silly with happiness.

Never mind, let's ignore this G.o.ddess and move on to the next customer.

"It is I, Kishar's turn... by the way, what did you do to make her laugh in that disgusting way? And her face..."