Chapter 316-320

Chapter 316: Shoes & Clothes

"Hello, Lambert-san," [3] the first place I visited with my entourage of 14 people was Lambert-san's shop.

"Oh, isn't this Mukouda-san. Oh my, you bought your slaves right away?"

"Yes, I'd like to thank you for recommending this option to me. Ah, apologies for bringing so many people with me," I had been wondering if I should come since some suspicious people were sniffing about Lambert's shop but, well, when it comes to shoes, a leather workshop seems to be the best place for it.

[6] After all, it's not like there were specialized shoe shops in this world.

"No, no, it's fine. I see you've gotten yourself combat-able [9] slaves too. They certainly look reliable."

"Yes, thanks to Lambert-san's letter of introduction, I was introduced to some good former adventurers." [5]

"I'm glad, they all seemed very capable. It's a good idea to show them around a bit. When others know you have combat-able slaves with you, they would be more cautious about their movements."

Indeed.

Especially when I have the fierce-looking Tabasa around.

"Well then, how may I help you today?"

"As for that, well, I'm looking to buy shoes for these people [5]..."

After all, if they were to work at my place, they should at least have that much.

Lambert-san studied the shoes of the people behind me and appeared to share the same thoughts. [6] If the 'ahhhhh....' is anything to go by.

"You're right, of course, to enter that magnificent mansion, they should at least have something decent on their feet."

[8] "So, erm, please show us something good."

Lambert-san bustled about and returned with a pair of dark brown leather shoes with a glossy finish and dark neat laces.

"These are made from processed Red Boar leather. It's a little expensive but they are water-resistant, durable and long-lasting. Also, please observe the neat and glossy finish. These would go well with pretty much any outfit." [5]

"Hmm, alright, I'll take them."

"Understood, for the former Adventurers, how about these boots? It's made from the same Red Boar leather but the toes are iron-capped. Aside from being durable, the iron-capped toes are also useful for close-range attacks."

As soon as Lambert-san mentioned the iron-capped toes, there was an exclamation of excitement from my combat-able slaves. [5] I looked at their eager faces and, well, I guess it would be a good idea to get combat shoes for them.

"Alright, I'll take the boots for the ex-Adventurers,"

I bought shoes for everyone according to their sizes.

For the children, I chose shoes that were at least one size larger.

It seems that shoes were made to last in this place and were something that's rarely replaced. So everyone's pretty grateful for their new shoes. Each pair of regular shoes cost 1 gold and 6 silvers, while the iron-capped boots cost 2 golds and 4 silvers per pair.

A grand total of 26 golds and 4 silvers for 14 pairs of shoes.

Thanks to our good relationship, Lambert-san gave me a 4 silver coin discount.

Much appreciated~

"In the future, please contact them for the restocking of the soap and shampoos. [5]"