Chapter 266-270

Chapter 266

The next floor is the 27th floor. It's the one with the Hydra, right?" I said to Elland-san as we took the stairs down.

There was an odd look on Elland-san's face. "Yes, however, I've only read about Hydras... I wonder if we can even stand our ground..."

[4] "Maa, it's the final boss of the dungeon, after all, I totally understand your feelings," I said.

"Worry not, elf. I have defeated several Hydras on my own. With Dora and Sui beside me, there's no way I can lose." [5] [6] Fer smirked and stepped forward confidently towards the stairs leading to the final floor.

"Listen well, I shall take point on this fight," [5] said Fer. "A Hydra is like a water serpent with nine heads. We must crush all nine heads at the same time or it will regenerate itself to its previous form." [5]

I nodded to myself, looks like the general rule for in-game Hydras seems to apply here too. Speaking of which, [4] "How did you defeat the nine heads by yourself, Fer?" [5] [4] "Muu, when I fought my first hydra, it kept regenerating. So I got angry and destroyed the creature with my most powerful Thunder Magic." [5] [6] "I- I see..."

[4] "Fufu, there is nothing in this world that I cannot defeat on my own, but having Dora and Sui will make this easier. As for the elf..." [5] [8] Elland-san sighed, "I understand, a Hydra is beyond my level. I believe I shall refrain from fighting this time."

"Umu, it's better that way," Fer said imperiously. Then, he looked over at me, "I believe it is also better for the master to observe from the side."

[8] "Ah, yes," no objections from me on that! [5] [8] "Very well, Dora, Sui! Listen carefully. To crush that Hydra, we must destroy all nine heads at the same time. I shall deal with the three in the centre. Dora will take care of the three on the right and Sui the ones on the left. Is that clear?"

""Woohoo! Yeah!"" [5]

""Sui will do her best~"" [5]

"Good, attack on my signal." [5] [6] Dora-chan and Sui happily flew or bounced after Fer. Elland-san and I followed them. When we reached the stairs, we found no monster waiting for us. There was only a short pa.s.sageway leading straight towards the Boss Room.

It opened into a large stone room with dull brown walls. A huge nine-headed serpent lifted its heads out of the water to glare at the door when my familiars walked in. When the heads reared back to attack, Elland-san and I ducked behind the doorway.

"Alright, now!"

Fer's battle cry was simple and straight to the point.

Rumble... flash!!

[8] A huge bolt of lightning branched into three separate forks and slammed into three of the Hydra heads in the middle.

Rumble, rumble, roar!!!

Stab! Stab! Stab!

Icicles the size of spears pierced into three of the Hydra's heads on one side.

[8] Blat! Blat! Blat!

Large Acid Cannons shot towards the Hydra heads on the other side and it was as though the three heads had been vaporised on contact.

Thudd. Thudd. Flop.

"Woahhh," [2] I couldn't help my amazement. [8] Here I thought we would have to struggle a bit against a legendary enemy but we simply overwhelmed the Hydra through brute force alone.

"They took down a Hydra in an instant..." Elland-san's voice was a little faint.

If I was surprised, Elland-san was beyond shocked.