Chapter 366-370

Chapter 366: Donation for the Orphanage & the Last Supper

"Phew, that should do it."

There was a huge pile of sausages in front of me.

I had sort of promised Agni-sama and Ruka-sama that I would offer them hotdogs. Since I'm making for them, might as well make lots more for myself too.

I had made two types of sausages. Salt & pepper as well as black pepper & herb lemon.

Since I'm already mincing the meat for sausages, I took the opportunity to just grind more for later use. Minced meat could be used in stir-fries, to make menchi katsu and... oh, I could try making meatballs too.

I like meatballs that are crispy on the outside with a juicy centre. However, since I have to fry them, they are pretty troublesome to make, which is why I haven't made any yet.

If I ever get around to doing it, I must make loads and store them for future meals.

The thought of meatballs suddenly made me want to eat them.

Alright, it's decided, let's make meatballs the next time I have the time. [1] For now, let's take care of the hotdogs first.

This time, instead of using the barbecue grill, I want to try baking the raw sausages in the oven. [9] [9]

First, I filled up a tray with sausages and placed them in the oven. After some debate, I decided to go for medium heat, just about the boiling point of water. I don't want the sausages to explode from their casing by expanding too fast or the casing to cook too fast and contract and have the raw meat explode from inside.

So, a low and slow bake first while I put the rest of the sausages into my [Item Box]. About 15 minutes later, I checked the sausages and poked one, it felt firm under my fork. The pierced sausage let out a small stream of slightly bloody juice.

Right, let's try cranking up the heat and browning the surface...

[9]

"Woah, it's browning nicely."

[6] The juicy sizzling sounds were making my mouth water as I took the sausages out of the oven.

[6] Suddenly, my shoulder felt kind of heavy. I looked back and saw Fer, Sui and Dora-chan all lined up neatly behind me.

"... ..."

Fer tried to look fierce, but there was already a trail of drool coming out of the corner of his mouth. [2] Dora-chan flapped his wings and was zooming around, but his eyes were clearly fixed on the sausages. Sui was also trembling, her entire being exuded 'Feed me~'...

"These aren't for you. These are offerings for the Gods."

"Nanu?!"

""We can't eat it?!""

""Can't eat–?""

"Well, I mean, didn't you guys just ate a lot for breakfast?"

"That was that, this is something else. It's completely different."

Sponsored Content

""I happened to have some space in my stomach, I could totally eat again!""

""Sui wants some~~""

I could ignore Fer and Dora-chan's arrogance, but Sui's sad voice and trembling made my heart tremble as well...

No, wait-

"Anyway, these are for the Gods, so there's no point begging me!"

Turning around, I ignored them as I stuffed the sausages into the hotdog buns bought from [Net Super]. Then, I squirted ketchup and mustard sauce on the hotdogs. In keeping with the Dungeon Meat Festival hotdog style, I kept everything simple. Just bun, meat and sauce.