Chapter 421-425

Chapter 421

""That's a loooot of insect type monsters flying around,"" Dora-chan muttered as he zipped around us.

We were travelling through the forested dungeon with me riding on Fer's back and Sui perched on Fer's head.

Fer was running cautiously through the thick undergrowth beneath the dense forest.

[8]

We were going a little slower than usual.

""Is this because we're in a forest?"" I asked.

""Umu, it's possible.""

""An Insect Forest... not my favourite thing at all. I wonder where the dungeon core is..."

""Dungeon core?"" I asked, curious, because this was the first time I heard this word in this world.

""Yeah, it's the thing that more or less controls the dungeon and sets up the system of challenges and rewards.""

""Oh? Wait, Fer, didn't you say before that new dungeons are created due to the pooling of magic sources or something, Fer?"

""Umu, that's how most dungeons are initially formed. However, as the dungeon stabilizes, a core would eventually develop and it will acquire some form of intelligence that would decide the hierarchy of monsters, Drops and the dungeon layouts.""

""Wow... wait, so, what does the dungeon core has to do with the Insect Forest?""

Fer made a huffing sound, ""Only that the dungeon core is the one who decides that it wants to put an Insect Forest filled with weak monsters as one of its floors.""

""Wha-""

Sponsored Content

""Monsters coming~! Hyah!""

Pew!

My sweet Sui, the battle-loving cutie, was delighted by the large number of insect-type monsters on this floor and was enthusiastically shooting them down with her Acid Bullets.

""They are rather annoying, but Sui's doing a good job taking care of them,"" said Fer.

""Yay~! Sui will kill them all~!""

""Sui...""

I can't help but feel like Sui had become more and more bloodthirsty each time we challenge a dungeon. Will she eventually transforms into a Battle (?) Slime?

Please read this at kitchennovel dot com ~

We proceeded rather swiftly through the 39th Floor, with Sui shooting down anything that moves and Dora-chan collecting the higher level Drops with the magic bag I hung around her neck.

""Ugh, it's really all insect-type monsters here.""

"I think slugs and snails aren't actually insects..."

""Poison Snails and Giant Slugs are even more disgusting."" Dora-chan snapped.

Well, I can't blame him for being disgusted. The Poison Snails were as large as a medium size dog and the slugs were two meters long...

""Then, there are those that like to fall from above,"" he muttered darkly.

"Hey, I'm trying to scrub that out of my head, Dora-chan!!"

Yeah, those 20cm long Big Forest Leech might be F Rankers, but have you ever had to run through a forest where dozens of them fall from tree branches on top of you like some kind of weird bloodsucking black noodle?