Chapter 86-90

Ch 86 — Wyvern Attack part 1

The next morning I went to Lambert-san's shop to deliver the soap, shampoo and hair wraps for sale on a trial basis. As soon as I entered the store Mary-san appeared.

"Mukouda-sama, I have been waiting for you." she said, obviously ready to get started selling.

"I've made up 30 sets of each item to start with, so where do you want me to put them?"

"Can you do put them here?" She pointed to some empty shelves in a corner of Lambert-san's shop. Ah, you already have a sales floor arranged. That was quick.

"I asked my husband to set up an area for sales quickly because I talked about the items to my friends yesterday. I think some people are going to buy some right away." Getting the word out already?

I put the goods on the shelf leaving Mary-san to arrange them nicely. "Yes, this is excellent," Mary-san said, looking at the items. "Now what should go where..."

I was led by an assistant into the back room where Lambert-san was waiting to receive me.

"Mukouda-sama, Thank you for the quick delivery." he said, quickly getting down to business. "As agreed here are 84 gold coins as payment for the goods. Please check." As with the payment for the Black Serpent's skin, he had prepared stacks of 10 gold coins in a row.

"That is correct." I agreed. I had intended to put the coins in my Sand Snake wallet but the money I had received for the Black Serpent skin earlier was still in there, filling it up. I ended up putting the gold coins in a spare cloth bag I had bought for soap.

Having concluded our business Lambert-san went into the store where Mary-san was already dealing with one of her lady-friend customers. Lambert-san and I were surprised at this development.

"I can't even begin to understand how women's gossip can spread so quickly." Lambert-san mused.

"Me too." I commiserated with him. We had told Mary-san to advertise these goods to her friends, but we had no idea there would be customers turning up so soon.

"Please give my best regards to Mary-san. If there are any issues, I will come quickly if you send a message to the inn." Saying that I thanked Lambert-san again and left the store. I wondered what to do while walking down the street. I had been super-busy for so long it was kinda strange to have some free time.

"I'm kinda bored... I don't have anything I need to do right now." I said.

"Well, then let's go hunt." Fer said, perking up.

"Well, it's not something I want to do myself but I suppose so. I just don't want to go anywhere unpleasant though."

"What do you consider unpleasant?" Fer inquired.

"That goblin village for example." I shuddered. All those green bodies... I had horrific flashbacks of the scenes at the goblin village.

"You're crazy to be so afraid of small fry like goblins." Fer dismissed my fears carelessly.

"Be quiet. It's because of you, Fer that I've got a phobia about goblins." And kobolds, and...

"Fuu, my esteemed lord and master is a coward, is that it?" Fer sneered.

"Hey, I'm not a coward...." I burst out. "It's just that I'm careful, can't you understand that? Anyway, maybe it'd be nice to go hunting but I'd like to understand the risks first, OK?"

"Of course, of course." Fer said sarcastically. Don't snigger Fer, it's not becoming of a level-1000 monster that can destroy a country. Safety first, though, safety always.