Chapter 36 Making All Might's ouchie hurt

Deku's POV-

It took me a while to fully wake up. I had set my alarm to 3:00, stupidly, just to have more time to train for the exams today. I tried to run to the training room as quietly as I could. Apparently, the people in this house had superhearing in the morning. (It was truly a miracle. After all, Pa had probably blown all their ears out at some point.) The room was located on the opposite end of the house, so navigating the house in the dark was a struggle. I groaned as I nearly tripped over another cat. I was so close to just throwing them across the house and sprinting to the in-door gym, but I grit my teeth and carefully walked.

After a couple of stubbed toes and strings of curse words, I had made it. I started stretching. It was eery with no other sounds in the room, but I ignored the awkward silence and kept warming up. When I felt that I had properly warmed my body up, I began to practice a couple of kicks while keeping my shadows encircled around my body. In the months I was at U.A. I had realized how much the years of neglect of my quirk affected my performance. It was Shinsou's idea to try to control it while distracted. So far it had been working magically. The exam had no idea what was coming.

After two hours people had started to wake up. Dad was the first. "You, practising for the test?" I nodded whilst obliterating a mannequin. "Wanna fight against me?" I stopped and looked up from what I was doing. I considered it. "What time is it?" Dad looked down at his dumb cat watch. "5:30," He responded. I shrugged my shoulders. "Sure, if you make me coffee after.""Sure, twerp." He said. I felt my quirk rise ready to attack. I knew as soon as I began attacking Dad was going to erase my quirk. So, I had to make as much damage as possible in the couple of seconds I had.

I lunged forward and hit Dad in the chest with a blast. He was startled for a second. I took the time to bounce back and ready my next attack. I aimed for the legs this time. I formed a whip and swept his legs from underneath him. I grinned and continued my assault. Running up to him, I formed a shadow ball in my hands. I began to throw it, but when I was just a few feet away from him, I felt the shadow dissipate into the surroundings. "Ugh," Dad sprang back up and hit me with a barrage of punches. His experience proved to help a lot. I could hardly keep up with the blurry fists. Soon enough, I found his pattern and I grabbed his wrist spinning him over on the mat. A groan fell out of his lips. My quirk came back and I formed a cage around him using the tendrils of shadow to tie a rope around his wrist. "I won," I stated. "Brat,"

"Hobo,"

"Problem Child,"

"Rat,"

"Okay, okay, let's be nice to each other," Pa said. Mine and Dad's gazes snapped over to Pa and Shinsou who were standing in the doorway. "He started it," I whined. Pa swatted me out of the room and sat me down at the table. He had made coffee and bacon. "You got out of the coffee service today Dad; you won't be so lucky next time." Pa watched as took the coffee and chugged it not caring that it burned the whole time it went down. He looked at me in faint horror. "I don't understand how you guys just chug the coffee down like that. You're meant to enjoy it." I placed my mug on the table. "You don't know anything about coffee, what you drink is spicy milk." With that, I got up and went to get dressed in my uniform.

As Shinsou and I walked out the door, Pa reminded us that his concert was tommorow. Shinsou and I took the long way to school. "Do you think I'll pass?" I shrugged. "Probably, you've become pretty strong with the Hobo's training." Shinsou nodded absentmindedly. I punched him lightly in the shoulder. "You'll do fine. I mean, as long as you're not distracted by your secret love." I wiggled my eyebrows. He shoved my face away. "You're dumb. There's no one.""Okay, you tell yourself that, but just know, I'm watching you like a hawk~," I said in a sing-song voice. Shinsou rolled his eyes muttering something along the lines of 'Stupid broccoli' and 'Nosy child'.