Chapter 31 The trial

A/N: I have no fracking idea how trials work so we're just gonna roll with it. In case if you don't care for law stuff I will put a stopping place for the trial.

Izuku's POV-

I walked into the courtroom with Todo. He was extremely nervous to see his father after the hospital incident. I sat in the seating area for guests whilst Shoto walked up to the plaintiff area where his lawyer was already situated waiting for him. He looked over his shoulder at me like a nervous puppy so I gave him a smile reminding him that I was there for him.

When they walked out Endeavour I could see Todo's body tense up and become rigid. Once the pile of flaming trash saw me he gave me a death glare. If looks could kill I'd be dead ten times over. I smiled and waved at the man, he scowled before sitting down in his anti-quirk cuffs along with the officer and his lawyer who looked to be about 900 years old. The judge banged the gavel and started the hearing. Nowadays, due to the introduction of quirks, trials rarely lasted any longer than five days. Considering all the evidence piling up against our favourite blazing turd, the trial would be decided today.

Both sides pledged to tell the truth and then Sho's lawyer went up to the speaking area and made his opening testimony for Shoto before promptly returning to his seat. Afterwards, Endeavour's lawyer, Mr Kenji Ito, did the same blabbering on and on about how innocent his client was. It made me nauseous watching some of the juries nod their heads along with Mr Ito, I mean, there were literal witnesses that saw him strangle his already wounded son and yet they still believed him to be the saint the media portrayed. I yawned and relaxed into the wood bench preparing for a day full of Endeavour's bullshit. I have no idea how Sho dealt with it for 16 years.

The trial had been going on for about an hour now. Many hospital workers had testified as well as the police sent to survey the hero. Most people had reached the general consensus that the number two pro hero was an asshole abuser. It was time for Todo to give his statement as well as his brother and sister. They all wore a solemn expression on their face as if remembering all the asshole things their shitty father did. Todoroki walked up to the speaking area; he looked like he was going to shit himself. He looked to his left, where I was sitting, for reassurance. I gently smiled willing all my love into it, and he smiled back and shuffled his papers. He looked at his father in the eyes and began to speak of all the abuse his father had dealt him. When he was done the audience looked appalled. The woman they had hired with the truth quirk had indicated it was all true. (The reason for not just using the quirk for one simple question was for two main reasons. One, to keep up appearances and two, some people believed what they did was not wrong. E.g. Endeavour probably didn't believe what he did was abuse. He most likely thought it was training and protection for his heir.) My eyes watered at the thought of Todo going through all that, but I kept myself together for him.

🛑 Trial end

We waited for the jury to decide the verdict for Endeavour for 30 long minutes. When they finally decided, the judge brought us back into the trial room. We all were holding our breath as the judge announced the sentence. I was allowed to sit with Shoto during this time so we both squeezed each other's hand. "The jury has deemed Enji Todoroki to be guilty on the charges of: Child endangerment, child abuse- mental and physical, attempted murder, assault, and quirk endangerment. Due to all his effort and accomplishment as a pro hero, he will have 20 years shaved off his original time of 80 years no bail. Enji Todoroki will receive 60 years in prison with no bail." Todoroki turned his head to mc and pulled my head in for an intense kiss. We pulled away smiling. I could feel his tears smudge onto my cheek, but I didn't care. We stayed in the embrace ignoring all of Endeavour's threats that were booming through the hall.

We finally pulled away after ten minutes. "We need to get some cold soba and katsudon to celebrate!" Todorki chuckled and got up holding out his hand for me. "Okay, but we need to get you home on time. I don't need your Dad planning my death." I snorted at his comment. "I'm pretty sure he has already." Shoto didn't respond. Instead, he chuckled and kissed my forehead making me blush. "Butt," I muttered. He wrapped one of his arms around my waist and we walked to the nearest restaurant. I could feel the happiness radiating off him and transferring to me. I hadn't felt this happy since before Mom died maybe even longer than that. As we made our way to the shop we were talking and enjoying each other.

The mocha coloured building soon appeared in our line of sight. I pulled away from Shoto momentarily confusing him before saying, "Race ya." He returned my mischievous smile before we both broke out in a sprint. We tried our best to weave through the stream of people, succeeding for the most part. I touched the door first marking my victory by .0012 seconds. We were both bent over panting and laughing in front of the noodle place. Finally, Todoroki got up and opened the door for me. "After you m'lady." I stuck my tongue out at him before speed walking into the Asian themed restaurant. It smelled really good inside making my mouth water. The waitress showed us to a table smiling and took our orders for our drinks. Both Todo and I ordered water due to the fact U.A. expects us to strictly monitor our diets. While she was still there we ordered the food since we both already knew what we wanted. She nodded her head before collecting the menus. "Your food will be out in a couple of minutes." I nodded thanking her.

We spent the rest of lunch joking around and eating before we headed to my house to hang out. The whole way home Shoto carried me on his back again. He put me down when we got to the porch so I could unlock it. I pulled out my keys and quickly unlocked the door so I could get back to spending time with Sho. Shinsou and Dad were away for the first day of internships and Pa was teaching the general course, so Shoto and I had the whole house to ourselves... and the now 13 cats that inhabited the living room. Giggling followed us as we made our way to my bedroom. I plopped down onto my bed and Sho followed in suit.

We were both laying down on our stomachs trying to catch our breath. We turned our heads to look at each other and Shoto started smiling. "What?" He blushed before tucking a piece of my hair onto my ear. "Nothing, you're just beautiful." My breath hitched at his sudden compliment. "You are too," I mumbled, still embarrassed. In one fluid motion, Shoto moved on top of me and pinned me to the bed. I squeaked in surprise earning a chuckle from him. "Not as beautiful as you." All of a sudden his lips were on mine. I tensed for a second but found myself melting into the kiss. Our lips worked together in sync, his soft lips seemed to know exactly how fast to move against mine and how hard to press. I tangled my hands into his hair making Shoto groan. I smiled and tugged at his hair even more.

We pulled away from each other to breathe, but we were both making out again within milliseconds. His body heat felt nice and he smelled earthy, like cedar. Once again, we pulled apart, but this time he started to leave soft kisses on my neck. My face heated up even more as he continued to kiss further down. Once he got down to my collarbone he stopped and bit down. I gasped at the pain. Even though it hurt, I still liked it. "More," I begged. He laughed lowly sending vibrations through my skin. He moved his mouth to the side of my neck and just stayed there to taunt me. His breath tickled my neck. "Sho~" I whined. He finally bit my neck and kissed it gently after before moving on to other places and doing the same. 'Wait this is going to be hard to cover up isn't it?' A dull pain from my neckline made that thought go away and I was once again focused on Sho. Once he finished he kissed my lips one last time and snuggled into my side. We fell asleep on my bed not wanting to do internships tomorrow.

A/N: Due to exams, I will be taking a two week hiatus, but I should be back to writing after.  :(