Chapter 39 Kota

Deku's POV-

Before we knew it, the day of the camp had come upon us. The haze of excitement caused the days to blur past us. Before we knew it, we were boarding the bus to go.

I sat next to Shouto. I was in the window seat, of course. Sho had brought snacks for us to share. "Ready?" He gave me a small smile and nodded.His grip on his thighs started to tighten as we took off. I began to see white blooming on his knuckles. I grabbed his hand and held it. I didn't miss the flinch that accompanied my touch. "Is something wrong?"

"No, I'm fine. Here, have some pocky sticks."

"You sure?" I asked, taking some of the sticks out of the box. "Yeah, don't worry about me." I nodded, still not believing him; he had been like this all week. He would look around us paranoidly everywhere we went, and if he heard a sound, he would jump up and get ready to fight some unknown force. I sighed, knowing Sho- he wouldn't say anything unless he wanted to. It was so frustrating.

The bus ride was awkward and boring. Sho didn't say anything the whole time, and just like that- my means of amusement was gone. I tried to distract myself by listening to music, but even that didn't stop the weird distance between Shouto and me. I almost chucked my phone at the window when it played a song I didn't like. The tension in me was starting to build up. I took a deep breath and looked around for Hitoshi. It only took me a second to see him happily talking to Kaminari. Jealousy began to simmer in my blood.

I looked back down at Sho. "What do you think is gonna happen during the trip?" I asked. He tensed up noticeably. "Probably just training- I hope."

"Do you think they'll do anything fun?"

"Fun?" His eyebrows scrunched together. "Like campfire songs?"

"I dunno, I was thinking more of like scary stories."

"Yeah, maybe."Just like that, our conversation ended, and Shouto went back to worrying about something. I almost began to pull my hair out.I breathed out a sigh of relief when we had finally stopped. That was quickly replaced with further frustration when I saw where we had stopped- a cliff. I groaned internally. 'Could this trip get any worse?'

Dad stepped out of the bus, and out came two ladies wearing... cat-suits. I faintly remembered them from when I was younger. Dad looked over us and said, "This training camp is meant to train you to become stronger. That starts now." One of the ladies smiled. "You have three hours to get to the camp." I watched as everyone scrambled to get back on the bus.

The lady in blue smiled and collapsed the ground from under us. I sighed and let myself fall- it was only at the last second when I picked myself up. "Be careful!" I heard Shouto yell frantically. "I will," I responded.

I scowled.

My mood was terrible, and this was making it way worse. The screeching of Uraraka made me want to rip her apart over and over. 

I cradled my head that was starting to have a headache. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," I began to repeat this as my personal mantra because a fucking mud monster started running at us. I looked over at Sho and decided he could handle himself. "Fuck this," I muttered before floating away.

Halfway up, a pterodactyl-like creature started to barrel towards me. I screamed in frustration before ripping it apart with my shadows. "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!"

One after another, they kept coming. After a while of killing the monsters, I started to get creative. Once, I crashed two of the pterodactyls together as if they were airplanes. Another time, I decided to see how high I could make one go. It turned out to be pretty high.