Chapter 41 I'm thinking too much

A reptile had slithered its way within the forest. Now, it was lying in wait. Always out of sight of its enemy; ironic is it not? 

Aizawa and the PussyCats had organized a 'test of courage'. It was meant to pass the time and for the teachers to laugh at the students. Though, a couple of students, those who didn't pass the exams, were dragged away to their remedial lessons.

The goal of the test was simple: find the card with your name on it or be scared. 1-B had gone first trying to scare the students. Unfortunately, Izuku had not been paired up with Shouto; he had been paired up with Uraraka.

She seemed different to Izuku, but he tucked the worry back in his brain. She was nothing to worry about. The worst she could do was whine at him. So, he waited his turn and watched his childhood friend walk into the woods with his boyfriend. "Don't get too scared!" He called out to neither one in particular. Bakugou snapped his neck back. "The hell you talkin' about, damn nerd? I'm not gonna be scared of this lame-ass stuff!"

"I'm going to retrieve my card faster than you, Izu." Beside him, Uraraka gave a dry laugh. Izuku eyed her before waving goodbye to Shouto.

»»————-  ————-««

Bakugou stepped on the leaves listening to them quietly crunch under his feet. Shouto seemed inclined to keep up the silence. He didn't know the entirety of Izuku and Bakugou's relationship, but he knew that the blonde had done some fucked up shit to Izuku. Shouto would never forgive Bakugou for that.

After a couple of minutes of silence, Bakugou spoke up, "You like that damn nerd a lot..." Shouto looked up to the stars, watching them illuminate the pathway. "Yes, though, I don't think we have mutual feelings on the matter." Bakugou clicked his tongue and shifted away from Shouto. He no longer wanted to talk, so he let the silence creep back in.

»»————-  ————-««

Izuku watched as Uraraka grew fidgety. It was almost their turn, so it made sense that she would be anxious, so he chalked it up to that and ignored her restlessness. Shinsou had already gone in with his partner and Tsuyu and Sato had just gone in. They were next.

Izuku could once again feel something amiss in the air. He looked around and saw that no one else had noticed the air thicken or the temperature change or rather, heat up? He sighed and crossed his arms. It was no use to worry, not when there was no need to. Aizawa always told him he worried too much for his own good. He let the dropping feeling in his stomach dissipate before he turned back around to the tree line.

It was finally his turn. Uraraka poked his shoulder shyly. A complete change in character from just a few months ago. "Can I hold your hand?" She stuttered. 'Not really,' he wanted to say, but he nodded and held out his hand. She took it with glee. "I'm just really scared... ya know?" As she spoke, she began to draw out her syllables. "Yeah," he said absentmindedly. Uraraka fiddled with an object in her pocket.

»»————-  ————-««

Shouto felt a tap on his shoulder, then... nothing.

Bakugou watch as Shouto disappeared into thin air. The man standing behind him threw a marble up and into his pocket. "The hell?" He said still stunned. Without thinking, Bakugou blasted himself towards the villain. Like hell that villain would take away the only good thing that had happened to Deku. No, not again, not ever.

»»————-  ————-««

One second Izuku was looking at a weird-looking tree, the next there was only darkness.

He tried to fight against it. He pushed and pushed against the black veil blocking his way to consciousness. His jaw went tight as he tried to shove it away, but nothing happened.He heard a cough from behind him. Izuku's head spun around. It was...Shouto? He went up and hugged him. He pulled away from his boyfriend to look at his face.Shouto looked weird...Izuku didn't like it. Something was wrong. He shoved the imposter away. 'Who are you?''What do you mean, Izu? I'm Shouto, your boyfriend.' Izuku shook his head. He raked his eyes up and down 'Shouto's' body. Something was off.

'Shouto' kissed him out of desperation. Izuku closed his eyes. 'Maybe I am just thinking too much...' he thought as he melted into the figure.