Chapter 7 Sludge villain and a coincidence

Walking down the street I pondered what All Might said for a while. Would my quirk cause people to be frightened of me? Questioning this I walked up to a stranger and tapped them on the shoulder. "Hello, can I ask you a quick question?" The person eyed me suspiciously and then nodded. "Can I show you my quirk?" He nodded again so I released black flames from my hands. He looked at it unamused and then looked back up at my face. "What's your question?"

"Is my quirk villainous? Are you scared of it?" He snorted and quickly replied. "You aren't scarin' shit."

"Okay thank you." I bowed and kept walking down the street. 'Pft All Might is full of shit. I can't believe he's the number one hero.' After a while of walking, I started to hear explosions coming from down the street along with a crowd of people. I went over to see what was happening and saw Kacchan being attacked by the same monster from before. I weaved my way through the crowd to get a better look so I could verify it was Kacchan. 

Sure enough, it was. Explosions were blasted off every other second in a futile attempt to get away from the slime monster. I sat there thinking whether or not I should save him. 'I mean he did bully me for years based on not having a quirk. But he still is my childhood best friend, and heroes are supposed to save people no matter what. Do I want to be a hero though? Yes, I think I do. I gotta prove to Ass Might that he is a piece of shit. Does that mean I should try and save Kacchan? I can't fight the villain off, but the heroes aren't even trying. Whatever fuck it.' I took off and sprinted to the villain. The heroes were calling for me to come back, but neither cared nor listened.

Quickly assessing the situation I decided the best thing to do was to hit his eyes so Kacchan could at least breathe. I flung my backpack at the villain and the bag reached its target head-on. 'Score!' I secretly used my fire and started to boil the sludge. It was screaming in pain. Everyone was confused at why though because I was playing it off as me clawing at it. Surely it wouldn't hurt the villain who was quite literally being exploded right now? They were technically correct if it weren't for my quirk. I could tell Kacchan was running out of time, but I couldn't do anything else. As the clock ticked I clawed more and more frantically adding my quirk. All of a sudden I felt a presence next to me. I scowled when I saw Ass Might again. He did his signature smile and promptly took down the nasty sewer water villain. The crowd was cheering for him as Kacchan was sent to a medical station to be quickly healed. Two pro heroes walked up to me and looked me in the eye. It felt like I was a baby and about to be scolded. "Listen, kid that was incredibly danger-" I quickly cut him off and stood up. "Listen you guys have no fucking room to talk. You were just sitting on your asses as that boy was struggling for air waiting for someone with a 'better-suited quirk' to come by. You didn't even use your brains. I didn't even use my quirk and yet I was able to save him from dying by giving him a couple of precious seconds of air. Did it not even cross your minds once to hit his eye the only solid thing on that villain?" I waited for an answer to only be greeted by stunned silence. "No? I thought so. Please stop wasting my time. Good day."I walked off to only be confronted by another thing keeping from going home. "Deku what the hell wa-" I waved my hand in the air causing him to shut up for once in his life. "I don't give a flying fuck about what you have to say." I narrowed my eyes and walked off. 

When I got home I let out a huge sigh. People were annoying. Slipping off my shoes I walked in and plopped on the couch. I was scrolling through TikTok when an amazing idea popped through my head. 'Why don't I just do online school?' Excited, I got up and went to my desk. I pulled up a list of good online school options and chose the one that looked hardest. "This will be better than that shit school." I sighed and unenrolled myself from Aldera Junior High. "I should probably get a job too. I'm almost out of money." With that, I went to bed.

The next day was spent with me wandering around Musutafu looking for a job that would accept a 'quirkless' person with no high school education despite me being smarter than most of those dumbos. After a couple of hours, I decided to take a break. I looked around and stopped when I spotted a cat cafe. 'Perfect.' I smiled and opened the door only to see the hobo looking man from before sitting and cuddling with all the cats he could humanly fit into his arms. I coughed and he looked up. "Oh hey, problem child shouldn't you be in school?"

"Nah I signed up for online school. I hated that place.""Oh, why are you here?""I just wanted to take a break from looking for jobs."

"Why are you looking for- oh right." I smiled weakly and nodded. "I'm almost out of money so I need to get some more."

"Mhm."

"Why are you here?"

"The cats and coffee. Why else?"

"Point taken."