Chapter 16 Todoroki

T.W. Abuse

Izuku's POV-

On the walk home I thought about the red and white-haired boy. I smiled. 'He's cute.' I blushed. 'Does that make me gay? I can't be.' My brows furrowed to the centre of my face. 'I mean I've never taken interest in girls, but I haven't had any interest in boys before either. Then again, most of my life has been too much of a train wreck to have even paid attention in stuff like that. So, it doesn't mean I'm gay right?'

Before I knew it I had arrived at the front door and Dad and Pa's car was already in the driveway. I smiled and walked in. Immediately a gush of meat and rice went past my nose. "Hey Problem Child." Dad didn't even look up from his book, but Pa rushed to the door and gave me a big bear hug. "Hey Izu how was school?" I tried to respond but my words were muffled by Pa's chest suffocating me. I pushed away and giggled a little. "It was good!" Pa smiled at my words and ruffled my hair before going back to the kitchen to continue the food. "At dinner, you're gonna have to tell me all about it. Especially if there is anyone you think is cute." My mind immediately went back to wondering if I was gay or not. As I went to my room I nodded my head in thought.

My first thought was to dash to the computer and ask the internet. I searched up almost everything I could think of- 'If I think a boy is cute am I gay?' or 'Am I gay quiz?'- but nothing helped me in my quest. I sighed in defeat. "Izu dinner is ready!" I walked over to the dining room and looked at the food for tonight. Tonight was one of the rare nights where Pa's food was recognizable. I got a scoop of curry and placed it into my bowl. Both of my Dads' looked at me confused. I went from happy to disappointed. The staring was starting to freak me out so I finally let out what was bothering me. "How did you guys know you were gay?" Pa and Dad were shocked for a second before an understanding smile crept across their faces. I sat there staring at my food too embarrassed to look up. "Is this about Todoroki?" I looked up and cocked my head. "W-who?" Dad slapped his face and groaned. "Problem child, the one with red and white hair."

I faced down again trying to hide the blush that spread across my face. "M-m-maybe." I gulped waiting for their response. Pa started. "Well, I knew when I was 16. There was this hot guy in class in high school one year. He would always be so mean to me, but in the end, we fell in love. Then the year after graduation, I married him." Dad blushed and slapped the back of Pa's head lightly. "Ow that hurt!" Pa whined. "I literally did nothing." Dad squeezed the bridge of his nose before sighing and answering my question. "I don't know when I found out, but before I knew it, Hizashi was my husband somehow." I nodded sadly again. This wasn't helping either. "But-" Dad continued surprising me. "Right now you don't have to have everything figured out. You still have the rest of your life to figure it out. Just like who you want to like."

My mood jumped back up to normal and I had a slight smile on again. "Thank you, Dad!"

The rest of dinner was spent telling everyone how their day was. I was too tired to stay awake any longer so I went to bed immediately.

<<Time skip to homeroom>>

3rd Person POV-

When Izuku had made it to room 1-A everyone was talking in little groups around the room. Izuku looked around to see Todoroki sitting alone at his desk. The greenette walked up to the boy and held out his hand. "Hi, my name is Izuku Aizawa." Todoroki just looked at the boy's hand and nodded. Izuku awkwardly pulled his hand back and sat at his desk. "What's your first name Todoroki?"

"Shoto." Izuku smiled and nodded. "Your scar is pretty." Todoroki shot his head up to look at Izuku. Todoroki's face was a deep red. No one had ever said anything nice about his scar to him. In fact, the only 'nice' words spoken to him were about his perfect quirk. Todoroki touched his eye gently. Izuku freaked out thinking he had offended Todoroki. "Oh my god! Did that offend you? I'm so sorry!" Todoroki slightly smiled at the boy's antics before giving in and saying. "T-thanks. Your freckles are cute."

This blew a fuse in Izuku. His face turned a red that could rival Kirishima's hair. Izuku had stopped working for a second. "T-t-t-thanks."

"Hey, Aizawa." Izuku looked over to Todoroki. "Yeah?" He hummed. "Want to walk home together?" Izuku's face grew into a smile so bright that Todoroki had to block his eyes from. "S-sure!" Todoroki nodded apathetically, but inside he was wondering how someone could be so cute.

<<Time skip to the end of the day>>

Izuku's POV-

The bell rang signalling that all the students could leave to go home. I yawned and quickly packed up. "Ready to go Todo?" He looked at me confused. "It's the nickname I made up for you. Do you like it?" Todoroki just nodded and got up. I led the way to my house since he insisted that he would drop me off at my house instead of him being dropped off. I smiled and showed him around the streets and pointed out my favourite cafe. Every once in awhile I would see him smile for a split second before putting on an apathetic expression again.

"This is my house Todo-Kun. I have to go now! Bye!" I smiled and walked into my house still waving. "So is this the boy you've been crushing over?" Pa asked. "Yes." I looked down and awkwardly tried to walk away, but was stopped when Pa grabbed my arm. "You need to tell me everything about him. Like what you like about him? What is he like?-" Pa kept going as I stood there awkwardly this is going to be a long night.

Todoroki's POV-

Once I dropped Aizawa off at his house I sprinted to my house. I couldn't be late or else Father would beat me. My lungs felt like they were on fire when I reached my house. Reluctantly, I opened the door to see my father looking livid. "Where the hell were you Shoto?" My father's voice was low and venomous. I felt weak in the knees but tried to keep my composure. "I walked a friend home." SLAP! A sharp sting went across my face. I cradled the area and looked up to my father. "What did I tell you? You don't need friends. You are only at school to become the number one hero." He kicked me in the stomach and dragged my body to the training room. "Since you think it's okay to disobey me, you will train for an extra hour and you get no dinner," He smirked. I was scared of what he would say next. The no dinner and extra training I could deal with, but I could tell Father was conspiring something. "You have to tell your new 'friend' that you don't need friends and that they are a waste of time."

My eyes widened. I couldn't do that, but I knew my Father had connections in the school. He would find out I didn't and I would be beaten. "Yes, Father."

"Good, now get to training." I wasn't looking forward to tomorrow.