Chapter 8 We meet again

The run-in with Aizawa was still fresh in my mind. After I had ordered some coffee we talked for an hour about random subjects mostly sleep, coffee, cats, and heroes. When we departed I felt kind of empty but quickly shook the feeling off and continued on my search for a job. It was very unsuccessful and I only ended up getting some random low paying job working at a concert venue. I had to go every day from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. I was fine with the schedule and it didn't mess with my school at all.

After a couple of weeks, I had met Aizawa for the third time. I was sweeping up the leftover trash from the last event when I felt a tap on my shoulder I panicked and looked up only to see Present Mic. I let out a little squeak which made him chuckle a little. "Glad to see you're still alive litt- Midoriya." I curtly nodded and went back to sweeping not wanting to talk any further about my suicide attempt. "Hey, Aizawa! Midoriya's here!" I immediately perked up at the name and was practically beaming. At the last run-in I had with him we had gotten closer and I felt safe and comfortable around him. "Hey, Hobo!"

"What are you doing here problem child?"

"I work here."

"So you got a job?" I nodded. "That's good."

"How are Yoko and Fuku?" I asked while sweeping. Present Mic sat in awe with our encounter. He couldn't get a peep out of me and Aizawa was talking to someone without complaining about them to their face. He was astonished. "The cats? They are good."

"Mhm." I kept sweeping and talking to Aizawa and occasionally Yamada would try to bump in.

We kept talking until the show Yamada was singing started. It was surprisingly good. I thought it would be just some screaming, but it had actual coherent words and different volumes which surprised me. I sat with Aizawa through the show since my shift was over. "This is good. My ears aren't bleeding as much as I thought they would be." We both laughed at this but it was covered up by the drum solo that was happening.

Soon the show was over and Yamada was packing up to leave. "Well, I'm going to leave Hobo... Bye!" I was quickly stopped by Aizawa's hand grabbing my sleeve. "Oi, Problem Child. You stayed this long. You should come over for dinner." I pondered for a bit before answering with a quick 'sure'.

A/N- Sorry it's a bit short today

Cover art by FERKASHI on Tumblr