Chapter 11 The dinner duel

T.W. Self harm

Midoriya's POV-

The entrance exams were a week away and I was more than ready. "What's up Hobo?"

"Hazashi is making food again tonight. 530 yen on who can guess what it is."

"Sure. Imma have fuller pockets tonight." I stuck my tongue out. "Are you sure about that Problem Child? I've won more than you."

"I have a feeling I'll get it right tonight."

"Dream away." I scoffed and walked into the dining room ready to see what monstrosity Hizashi had made today. He sat the dish on the table and I looked at it. It was green and slimy and it smelled like metal. "I think it's a quiche pie," I stated with confidence. "I think it's spinach potatoes," Aizawa stated with just as much confidence. We both turned our heads to Hizashi. He sighed. "You guys are so mean. It's a quiche pie." He wiped away a fake tear. I turned to Aizawa and held out my hand. "Pay up." He muttered something under his breath and placed the money in my hands. I snickered and ate the slimy stuff. Hizashi's food was decent, it was just the outside that made you want to vomit.

After dinner we watched a movie and Hizashi cuddled with Aizawa as he tried to push Hizashi away. 30 minutes into the movie Aizawa gave up and succumbed to the cuddling. I gagged as they put on their lovey-dovey show.

The movie was finally over so I got up to leave, but I got stopped by Hizashi. "Mido you should stay for the rest of the week so you can get extra training."

"Sure. Goodnight Dads." My eyes widened at what I just said. My face turned 1,000 degrees hotter. I quickly scurried away to my room trying to escape the awkward situation. 'Why the hell did I fucking say that?' I jumped into my bed after changing into a grey hoodie and groaned into my pillow. 'Why me?'

Meanwhile... Aizawa's POV-

"Sure. Goodnight Dads." My eyes blew open at that statement. I watched as he ran away to his room down the hallway. Hizashi turned to me with tears in his eyes. "Did you hear that Sho? He called us 'dad'. Oh my god! I'm so happy!" I chuckled at Hizashi's antics. "What should we do though? That Problem Child is going to overthink this."

"Act normal I guess. BuT I'm SO FrEAkinG HapPY!"

"We'll deal with it in the morning. Let's go to bed."

The next morning

Midoriya's POV-

I groaned as the sunlight from the window hit my face. I sat and rubbed the tiredness away from my eyes. That's when it hit me. I silently screamed as I remembered what happened last night. 'They're going to hate me now. I'm going to be kicked out. They hate me now.' I started to shake and hyperventilate. Tears ran down my face. I searched around the room for my secret stash of blades I kept at this house. When I found it I shakily pulled one out and began to cut.

When I was done I put the box away and snuck to the bathroom. I cleaned the wounds under the sink and cursed myself for cutting again. When I opened the door to the hallway I was greeted by the smell of coffee and bacon that was there every morning in the house. I froze in the doorway deciding what to do. 'Should I go back to the room for the rest of the day? Should I just run away? Why the fuck did I say that?' After a couple of minutes of debating, I decided to put my big boy pants on and marched to the kitchen counter and grabbed the plate of bacon. "Hi, Problem Child." I stopped eating and tensed up. "H-hi."

"Oh, you're awake! Hey Mido!"

"G-good morning ."

"We are going to train in an hour so be ready by then."

"Okay." I was confused. 'Why are they acting like everything is normal?' I awkwardly walked over the couch and finished eating the bacon. I peeked at my phone and saw I had 15 minutes left so I walked over to my room and dressed in a black turtleneck and sweatpants. This was my usual training outfit. I quietly tiptoed to the backyard to train. All of a sudden I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Today we are training at the Takoba beach. You're cleaning it all up. You only have today and tomorrow. If you can't you're getting cat litter for the rest of the year. Also, no burning it" I turned around to see Aizawa's eat shit grin. "Huh? How the fuck am I supposed to do that Hobo?"

"I don't know. Find a way. Let's go, you only have 36 hours left."

I stepped on the beach and looked at the trash pile in horror. It was bigger than what I remembered from a month ago when I was running past. Aizawa was snickering at me. "Oi Hobo are you trying to kill me?"

"No," He kept his evil smirk on "I just want to push you to your limits," I swore I heard him mutter under his breath something about not wanting to clean the cat litter anymore. I sat there exasperated. 'How the fuck am I supposed to clean it without using my fucking fire?' I sighed and got a wheelbarrow and started using my shadows to pull the trash to me.

Aizawa's POV-

Usually, when the Problem Child was training I would just go on my phone, but this time was different. I wanted to see how he tackled the problem. Currently, he was sucking ass and not using his head. If I were to guess his IQ is over 130, but here he is being a dumb shit. I sighed. "Oi use your head Problem Child!" He looked over at me with a dumb look on his face I groaned and used my quirk on him. I heard him swear in the distance. I snickered and kept my quirk activated for 30 minutes on and off before stopping and going home to take a nap. 'Hopefully, he doesn't figure it out. I don't want to clean the cat litter anymore.'

Midoriya's POV-

After Aizawa left I scratched my head. 'What does he mean to use my brain? That's too much work.' I groaned and kept using my quirk. It had been five hours since I started so it had become darker. My quirk became stronger and stronger as it darkened. That's when it hit me. I took some of the trash and made an enclosure so it was constantly dark. My quirk was 1,000x more efficient now. I smiled and took everything that wasn't in the wheelbarrow and plopped it down into six piles that could all fit into the wheelbarrow. It took seven trips before I was done. I smiled at my work. The beach was officially clean.

The time on my phone said 6:09 pm. I ran home using my quirk to boost me. I saw the lights on in the house. 'Dinner should be soon.' Smiling, I opened the door. The nasty smell of dinner hit my nose like a train. "Hey, Mido! Oi Sho! Mido is home!"

"Did you give up?"

"No! I finished it already. And now I stink so I'm going to shower."

"Okay. Dinner is in 20 minutes," I smiled ready to get more money today. "And! The loser of the bet has to cook for the next week so you can appreciate my works of art better." Me and the Hobo sat there stunned. I freaked out. 'I can't lose this. I've burnt ramen before. Imagine a whole dinner.' Me and Aizawa had a big staring contest before Hizashi shooed me away to go shower.

At the dinner table, the tension between me and Aizawa was thick. We stared at each other as Hizashi placed the food down. I glanced at it. It looked like a glob of grey boogers and green beans. I stared a while longer before saying, "I think it's green bean stew."

"I think it's a green bean casserole."

"Sho was right. It's a green bean casserole. Good luck Mido." I sat in fear thinking about all the horrors I will have made this week. "I pray for your mouths." I stuffed the food in my mouth savouring the last decent thing we will have this week.

After dinner, I sat up to go to bed. "Good night Hobo. Good night Hizashi."

"Hey, Mido." I turned around to look at Hizashi. "You can call us dad." My eyes widened and I blushed. "O-okay good night D-dads."

"Good night Izu."

"Good night Problem Child." As I went to bed I smiled. I was finally happy.