Chapter 30 A date

Todoroki's POV-

I was happy that Sunday went by fast. It was finally Monday which meant that I could see Zawa again, but this would be short-lived as I found out that we had to do internships the whole week. Unlike the rest of the class happily cheering, I was internally groaning. I just wanted to spend time with Zawa, but the internships were preventing me from being in even the same building as him. I received a thick stack of papers inviting me to intern with them. It was about as thick as a dictionary. I flipped through them with my finger but found nothing interesting except maybe a low profile hero with a quirk similar to mine. I sighed and turned my head towards Zawa's stack; it was double the height of my stack. When I first saw it in homeroom I was frozen with disbelief. I mean, how were there that many heroes in Japan? He looked incredibly bored as the whole class clouded him in 'How'd you get so many?' and 'You're so lucky Aizawa-Kun!'. He rolled his eyes at the attention. It was funny watching his annoyed reactions.

Izuku's POV-

The bubble of people around me was suffocating. 'If this is what I have to deal with as a pro hero I'm out.' If you looked close enough at me you could've probably seen a vein about to burst. I looked over at Todo for help, but he gave me an evil little smirk. 'Wow, thanks Todo.' I secretly gave him the middle finger by resting my hand on the side of my face and allowing one finger to stay up.

The group of people surrounding me was draining my energy so I came up with a quick and simple solution to get them to shut up. I placed my finger on the stack and grinned devilishly at Uraraka who I hated the most in this class. "Watch this Urarararaka." She perked her head up from my chest and smiled at the attention I was giving her. "You want to see a magic trick." She nodded and puffed her chest out in pride, a pride that was terribly misplaced. Technically I wasn't allowed to use my quirk until Recovery Girl healed me completely this afternoon, but getting rid of this crowd was more important to me (as well as ruining Floaty bitch's day by embarrassing the shit out of her). "Ready?" She bat her fake eyelashes at me before responding with a 'yes'. I grinned hatefully at her and burned the whole stack until all that was left was a pile of black ashes on my desk. I picked it up and blew it through the whole classroom.

The class looked like fishes the way their mouths were gaping. I simply shut my eyes and ignored everyone's screeches of disapproval. I fell asleep with an 'eat shit' grin wide on my face.

A warm hand gently shook me awake. I began to snarl at the person but stopped when I saw Todo smiling down at me. "It's time to go home. Aizawa-sensei gave us a day off so I didn't wake you up." I groggily rubbed my eyes as my vision cleared. "Thanks, Todo, but you could've woken me up for lunch so we could talk and stuff since we won't see each other for a week."

"Well, I was thinking we could go on a date after school. I asked your Dad. He said, 'Sure, leave me alone.'" I snorted. "Okay, but we have to go to Recovery Girl so she can finish healing me." Todoroki nodded and pushed me towards the clinic. When we got there the old lady hit me over the head with her cane. "What the hell?"

"I told you not to use your quirk until you're completely healed. What do you do? Burn your internship papers and pollute the classroom." While the lady had her back turned I stuck my tongue out at the hag.

The appointment was quick. She kissed me on my arms and legs and stole my wheelchair. I tried to stand up, but my legs hurt too much and I fell onto the wall. I looked and saw Todo turn his back to me before squatting. He looked over his back and said, "Here get on my back." I giggled at the thought of getting a piggy-back ride but nonetheless jumped on his back. He grunted before centring me. "Thanks!" Recovery Girl only nodded before returning to her soap operas that were playing on her computer. "Onwards my noble steed!" Todoroki chuckled and walked down the stairs before finally leaving the school.