Chapter 22 An interview

T.W. Abuse

Izuku's POV-

It was 8 and I was bored. With nothing better to do, I walked to the park to go on the swings. I sat on the swings swinging back and forth from time to time. It helped me to relax and process the whole situation with Ass Might. When I had gotten home Pa and Dad were cackling. Apparently, I had made All Might shit himself and cry in the teachers' lounge. I had almost peed myself laughing when I had found that out.

I was about to leave, but I stopped when I saw a familiar figure with red and white hair sitting on one of the benches. 'Todo?' I slowly walked up to the bench he had sat at, afraid if I walked too fast he would run away like a deer or something. Once I had reached the bench I started to speak. "Hey," I took a step towards him so that I could see him better under the street light. I was horrified. "Oh my God! Todo, are you okay?" Across his body were painful welts and some second-degree burns. He turned to look at me. In his eyes was the look of terror as he recognised who had found him. He quickly turned away from me. "It's fine Aizawa." I sat down next to him. "Todo, I know you hate me, but you obviously are not okay. Can I help you please?" Todo winced at my words. "I don't hate you." I was shocked, but I didn't believe him. Why would he say that if he didn't feel that way? "Haha, funny Todo. Let's go to my house so I can clean your wounds." I tried to grab his arm, but he removed his hand from my grip. "I said I don't hate you."

"Todo now's not the time for that."

"I DON'T HATE YOU! I NEVER FUCKING WANTED TO SAY THOSE THINGS TO YOU!" Todoroki's voice cracked as he shouted. I looked back at him. He looked broken. I crouched down in front of him and cupped his cheeks in my hand. I was surprised to feel tears rolling down his cheeks. It was weird, Mr No Emotions was now bawling at a playground in the middle of the night. I quickly hugged him carefully making sure not to aggravate his wounds even further. "Okay, I believe you." I gave him a weak smile and sat next to him leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Where did you get those wounds?"

"My Father." My eyes widened and I moved his body away looking at his face. He clapped his hands over his mouth as if that would take the words would be taken back. "Todo... if your father did that to you you should go to the police station."

"No, they wouldn't believe me. 'The number two hero; an abuser?' They wouldn't believe me."

"Todo, they have quirks for that."

"They still wouldn't believe me." I facepalmed mentally. "Will you at least go to put him under surveillance?" Todo thought for a second. He looked at me unsure. "Todo, your Father won't know they are watching you. They will just be looking at him from afar to review his behaviour." He slowly nodded and I smiled, happy to have made some progress.

I grabbed his arm to help him up and we walked over to the police. On the way there I was wondering something and I couldn't keep it in anymore. "Hey, Todo?" He hummed in response. "Did your Dad make you say that to me?"

"He's not my dad." Todo spat the words out like they were venom. "But yeah he did. I'm sorry. When I saw you in the classroom and y-you were covered in b-b-blood I felt so pissed and shitty because I couldn't do anything. I'm so so so sorry." Todo kept muttering sorries over and over again until I stopped walking and hugged him. "It's okay Todo. It's not really your fault and," I cupped his face in my hands again. "I'm still alive and well. So, you can stop crying." He hung his head in shame and we kept walking to the police station.

When we reached the station Todo let go of my hand, which I didn't even notice we were holding and looked inside apprehensively. "It's okay Todo." He looked over to me and I nodded my head in reassurance. We both walked in and the man welcomed us. (I don't know how a police station works so I'm just guessing.) I spoke up after a couple of seconds of awkward silence. "We need to file a complaint and a request for private surveillance on someone." The man nodded and typed something on the computer before handing us a clipboard. "You need to go to an interviewing room," Todo and I slowly nodded pretending to know what was happening. "It's the last room in the hallway to the left." I smiled and took Todo's hand. "Thank you, sir." He smiled back and we made our way to the room.

The room was bare except for a table, some chairs and an ugly fake plant that was sitting in the corner. We both sat down and I handed the form to Todo along with a pen that I stole from the front desk. I watched as Todo concentrated on the paper; it would have been cute, but with the circumstances, I ignored the feeling and focused on helping him as much as I could. When he finished filling the form out we rested there in comfortable silence, but the door opening broke it. Todo and I turned our heads around to see the source of the sound. My eye twitched when I saw the man. It brought back memories from Mom's death but I held the memories back as much I could so I could support Todo. "Hello my name is Detective Tsukauchi and I will be helping you today." I smiled and nodded. "I should probably leave seeing as I'm not the victim and know nothing." Tsukauchi nodded and I turned to Todo. I bent down and whispered to him. "If you need a place to stay you can come to my house. The address is XXX. I'll be waiting out there for you to finish." I squeezed his hand and left the room.

Todoroki's POV-

I didn't really want to be there. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as Detective Tsukauchi sat down in the seat and scanned over me "Your name is Shoto Todoroki right?" I nodded. "So your Endeavour's son, right?" Once again I simply nodded, too annoyed and worried to speak. "What is the number two pro hero's son doing looking this beat up in the middle of the night?"

"Uhh-"

'Is Aizawa sure this is going to help?' I backed up into my seat further. He finally noticed the form on the table and picked it up. He looked over the form with a lot of consideration. When he was done he looked surprised. "You're saying that Endeavour did this to you?"

"Yes, but I don't think I have enough evidence to do anything against him yet. Honestly, I don't even want to be here. The boy outside convinced me." Tsukauchi sighed and leaned back into his chair. "It's too late to be doing this."

He dragged his hand down his face and looked me into the eyes. "Okay kid, we will give him surveillance, but you need to get photographs and some videotapes or something."

"Okay." He stood up and walked out the door. As he walked out he said, "Be careful kid." Soon Aizawa came in and hugged me as if I were a glass doll. I lightly patted his arm and got up. Aizawa looked a little dishevelled. "Are you okay?" He giggled, but it sounded very forced. "I'm fine, silly. Are you okay?"

"Yes. I must get home now though."

"Okay, but can I treat you at home? You look like shit."

"Sure, but you have to hurry." Aizawa smiled and we walked out of the police station.