𝗍𝗐𝗈

•Maya's POV•

I finished grocery shopping and I had one hour before I had to get back home. So like always, I went to the temple.

I am wearing a plain seagreen churidar that has knitted patterns on it, with a white dupatta which has a gold lace on the ends of it. I also had a little black bindi in the middle of my eyebrows.

I prayed quickly so I can also go to the park too. As I was heading back, I saw an old couple who we're walking towards the temple on the temple stairs. The old man missed a step and was about to fall but I was close by and quickly ran, grabbing his arm. I helped him straighten up and asked "Are you okay uncle? Did you get hurt any where?" He looked at me and gave me a humble smile and said "Thank you beta. I'm fine and I didn't get hurt." He seemed sweet.

Then I heard a lady behind me. "Omg Anil, why are you so clumsy? See if this kind girl wouldn't have helped you, your bones would've been going in all different directions." she said. "Thank you child. He is a very old clumsy man." she said, patting my cheeks. When she touched my cheek it felt like a mother loving her child. "It's fine aunty. As a human, it was my job to help another human." I said. She smiled at me and asked "What is your name beta?" "Maya" I replied. "What a beautiful name and Priya, don't worry. I'm to handsome to have broken bones." said uncle. After he said that, we all started laughing.

"It was nice meeting you all but I have to go or else I'll get late." I said smiling. "It was nice meeting you too. We will see you around hopefully." said aunty. "Thanks once again." uncle said. I smiled and waved bye to them, and left to go to the park.

• • • • •

Once I arrived, a smile appeared on my face after seeing all the kids running here and there. I went to my favorite bench, taking in all the beautiful scenery and joy. I was looking around for a special someone but I couldn't find him anywhere. Then behind me I heard "Are you trying to find me chaand?" I looked back and saw my cute little Arun. "Nope, I was actually trying to find someone else. And do I know you?" I said. He looked at me and I could tell he was getting mad. He pouted and said "Chaand see it's me, your Arun!". He came to me and sat on my lap, hugging me tightly. I hugged him back and said "Oh it is really my Arun!". He gave me his 100 watt smile and kissed my cheek.

Arun is a 4 year old little boy. His mom Preeti and I met each other when she was in college with me. We weren't close but we did a few projects together. After I got taken out of college I used to come here and a few months after I saw her with her husband and a two year old boy named Arun. After that we got close and the more older Arun got, he grew closer to me. Now you might be wondering why he calls me 'Chaand'. Well he calls me that because he said my heart is bright as the moon and lights his whole day up like the moon lights up the dark sky.

Arun and I talked and played with the other kids for 15-25 minutes. I thought that it is almost time for my curfew and I should head back. I kissed Arun's cheek and said my goodbyes. I got in the car with driver uncle and told him to take me home. Driver uncle is supposed to come with me when I go grocery shopping so I won't roam around and run away with their money. I don't know where they get these thoughts from but oh well. Driver uncle knows my situation and knows I go to the temple and park, but he doesn't tell them which I'm really grateful for.

• • • • •

Singhania Mansion