𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

•Maya's POV•

Singhania Mansion: Sangeet

Today is the sangeet function, and it is taking place at our house and is the first function before the wedding. These 3 and a half weeks flew by quickly, and in 4 days I will be Maya Malhotra. Currently I am getting ready to go downstairs to the backyard, where the sangeet is taking place. Sangeet is the only function we are celebrating together with the groom's side, then the mendhi and haldi function will be celebrated with only my side of the family. And Aditya and me won't be able to see each other until the wedding day, because that's a custom many Indians follow.

I am wearing a magenta and orange ombré lengha, that has some light gold embroidery in it. We picked all the outfits for the functions when me and mother went shopping with mumma and Aditya. It is simple yet gorgeous, just how I like it. I am also wearing a jewelry set which is really big and heavy, which mother gave me because she wants to show people that I live like a queen here, sadly they don't know the reality. Then my cousin who hates me, is doing my makeup and hair because mother told her to. And thankfully she didn't make it look bad. Then she styled my hair in a bun with light curls.

Mother and one of my other cousin's is taking me to the backyard, where the sangeet is taking place. The guests were not here yet, only relatives from my side were here. None of them came to the engagement except a few but most of them are here now. And one more thing, all of them hate me. And now they are showing even more hatred because I am getting married to Aditya and becoming a Malhotra.

Throwing that aside the backyard is looking amazing and well decorated with flowers and lights, and areas to eat with a stage and dj.

While I was observing everything I felt a tug on my arm, which mother was holding. I looked at her and then looked at the way she was looking at. I saw Aditya and his parents and Sidharth coming, and a bunch of other guests. Mumma and papa were looking really good and were matching like a cute couple, and Aditya was wearing a royal blue kurta pajama making him look amazing like always. 'Where are your manners? Stop staring!' I quickly looked away and looked down hoping I didn't get caught.

I could hear them all greeting each other when they reached to us. I also said a low 'namaste' still looking down. "Look at my beautiful daughter!" said mumma with a cheerful voice like always. I looked up so I don't seem rude, and gave her a little smile. "She looks even more beautiful when she smiles." papa said. I also smiled at him and then mine and Aditya's eyes met. I quickly averted my gaze and saw Sidharth giving me a warm smile to which I also smiled back to. "Should we start the party?" father asked. "Of course!" papa said.

They made me and Aditya sit together on this decorated lounge area which is specially designed for the soon-to-be bride and groom. The gap between us was that big, that another person could sit there. Our parents left to greet guests, leaving us to alone. There was silence between us for a few minutes and I was looking down at my hands not knowing what to say. So I kept looking down, but I felt someone come and sit between us. And when I looked up I saw Sidharth, who was looking at both of us with a grin.

"Hello Maya!" Sidharth said taking his hand out to shake. I smiled at him and shook his hand hesitantly. "Hi.." I said lowly. "Maya do you smell like something is burning?" he asked. I shook my head lightly indicating no. I didn't understand what he meant, I don't smell something burning. "Oh well, it might just be me." Sidharth said looking at Aditya. I was confused but I brushed it off. "And why is the great Sidharth Singh here, while he should be stuffing his mouth with food." Adi asked. I let out a small laugh after hearing him. I wish my best friend was here to. "Oh I am just here to give my soon-to-be sister-in-law some advice."