𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

•Maya's POV•

Mall

It has been 5 days since the engagement and wedding preparations are going on. Today me and mother have come to the mall to buy wedding jewelry and clothes. And let me tell you, that everything looks really expensive here. And it is super crowded. I have went to the mall twice in my life, before today. Both of the times my best friend dragged me here. But we always spent a little time here because I was scared if I passed curfew and I don't like crowded places like this. I can get easily lost here and have a panic attack.

Putting that aside, I am surprised mother brought me here, for the first time. I am more surprised she brought me to this very big and expensive mall. But then at the same time I know this is for their reputation that they have to uphold. It hurts when I think about how I am nothing to them and they are doing all this for themselves and their reputations. Every day of these 23 years of my life it hurts. But there is this hope in me that one day everything will be normal and I will have a amazing and perfect life. I quickly brushed that one tear that was about to spill out, before anyone could see.

Me and mother were waiting outside a fancy boutique. I don't know why we were standing outside, but I didn't dare to ask her. After a couple minutes of waiting, I saw mother looking up and having a fake smile plastered on her face. So, I also looked up to see what she was looking it and I saw aun- mumma coming our way. Automatically my lips curved up into a smile.

Mumma reached up to us and hugged me tightly. I also hugged her back and smiled. "Feels so good to see my daughter, even though it's been 5 days only." she said breaking the hug. Then mother and mumma greeted each other. "You know this was my plan. I wanted to do wedding shopping with you and spend more time with you." she said with a big smile. I just smiled back at her. Now I understand why mother gave me that big lecture of how to behave and all.

"Also Swetha Ji thank you for helping me succeed in this plan, and shop with you two, and reaching here on a short notice." mumma said. "Oh it was nothing. The more the merrier." mother said with her fake smile. I was hoping Aditya would have also come but I knew that he is probably working. After that we headed into the boutique and let me tell you, it looked even more fancier on the inside then it was on the outside. And I bet it will also be really expensive.

A lady in a magenta top and short pencil skirt came up to us and said "Hello. Welcome to Farah's Desi Boutique. I am Kiara and I will be escorting you around today." I guess she is a saleswoman. "So what are you looking for today?" she asked. "Hello, we are looking for wedding attires for this beautiful bride." said mumma pointing at me. "Well congratulations ma'am. And you have come to the right place for such attires. Please follow me." Kiara said. I smiled at her and we followed her.

We reached to this area where there were so many colorful lenghas, sarees, gowns and etc. Everything looked so heavy and expensive. "So ladies which function outfit would you like to look at first." Kiara asked. "Let's start with mendhi" mother said. Kiara started taking outfits out, while I was just looking around and seeing the beautiful colors with a smile on my face.

While I was doing that I heard a click sound. I looked at where the sound came from and saw Aditya standing 6-10 feet away from us. My eyes widened in shock realizing he is here. For a second I thought I was imagining stuff but when mumma said "What took you so long to park the car?" all my confusion went out of the window. He was staring at me until mumma brought him back to reality by asking him that question. "Oh sorry, I bumped into a college friend." he said walking closer to us.