𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

•Maya's POV•

Singhania Mansion

When the clock stuck 12:56 I heard my father greeting someone. I got scared thinking 'what if he rejects me and my parents blame it on me?'. The main questions were 'what does he look like? what is his name?'. I don't know why but I started smiling thinking of the thought of getting married and I felt like my life might change from today's decision. After a few minutes I  heard mother say 'Maya beta' I know it's a act but I will take it, so I quickly grabbed the tray that had cups full of tea and took a deep breath and headed towards the living room.

You can do it Maya!

I headed towards the living room holding the tray with cups full of tea, with my heart thumping loudly. I was looking down trying not to look at anyone sitting. When I was reaching closer I could see my parents and brother sitting on one sofa and two men and one lady sitting on the opposite sofa. I couldn't see there face but I could see what they were wearing, a man wearing formals and a lady next to him who was wearing a purple suit and another men sitting by the lady wearing business clothes. I think the first are the parents and the last one is the boy who is here for the alliance. I know because the last one has a well built body.

I reached up to them and looked up. I saw the same old couple who I met at the temple yesterday and my eyes widened thinking what if they tell my parents that we met at the temple yesterday. But thinking I would get a mother-in-law and father in-law like them my eyes relaxed and a small smile appeared on my lips. I put the tray down on the table and was about to touch uncle's feet to get blessings from him and greet him but he stopped me and said "In our family our daughters don't touch elders feet." I smiled at him hearing him and calling me as daughter. I went towards auntie and she got up and hugged me and I also hugged her back. The hug felt like a motherly hug which I never felt in my life.

I didn't want to look at him because I didn't know how to greet him and was really shy. So I took the tray off the table without giving him a glance and went towards uncle and gave him a cup of tea and he took it. Then I moved towards aunty and gave her cup which she also took. Then I moved towards him and forwarded him the cup of tea without looking at him, because I had no other option then to give him the cup of tea or else it would seem really rude.

My heart was beating fast as I was giving him the cup of tea. After a minute or two I saw he still hadn't taken the cup. So I looked up at him and our eyes met each other's. When I saw him my heart missed a beat or two. He had fair skin ton, black hair which was slicked back with gel and perfect, well defined nose, pinkish lips, amazing jawline with a well maintained light stubble beard, and the best part was his light brown eyes. His eyes were holding a lot of emotions, which I wanted to know about. I wanted to drown in those eyes for my whole entire life. Omg since when have I become so lovey dovey! We were staring deeply into each other's eyes forgetting what is happening around us.

We came out of our moment when aunty coughed and said "Thank you dear, the tea is amazing." with her beautiful smile. I got all embarrassed and probably would have turned red by now. I forwarded the tea towards him more so he can take it. He took it from my hands and his fingers brushed against mine for 0.1 seconds. But that touch made me feel safe even though it was for only a short period of time.

Aunty made me sit between her and uncle and I was more then willing to. Deep down in my heart my heart wanted me to sit by him. I don't know what is happening to me but whatever it is, it feels good.