𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈

•Maya's POV•

Cafe

"Hey pops!" I said, entering the cafe. Few days had passed since that incident. Neither of us talked to each other after it. Well even if we wanted to talk, we couldn't. He never came home when he knew I would be awake. He always came late and left early like before. But now he didn't even show any glimpses of him. "Hi Maya!" pops greeted back.

I changed into my uniform and waited for a customer, while talking to pops. "Maya, I've seen you the past few days. You don't seem very happy since the time I met you and this week you seem even worse. Is everything all right?" "It's nothing, just college stress." I said, throwing the topic away. He examined me for a bit and then said "Oh, alright." I can't tell him anything. I want to tell someone all my pain but I can't. I know mumma knows everything but I can't tell her or else she'll also be in pain. I wish this marriage wasn't a secret and someone knew about it.

The bell of the door chimed and I knew someone had came. Pops gave me a smile and went to the back, to talk to the barista. I grabbed the notepad and pen and headed towards the table. "Hello. Thank you for choosing our cafe. How may we help you today?" I didn't look at customer and was looking at the notepad, waiting for them to speak so I could write their order down. "YOU'RE MARRIED!?!" I heard a chair screech and looked up to see Shreya looking at me with wide eyes, standing up from her chair. I was shocked at how she found out. "SHE'S WHAT!?" I turned to look over at where this voice came from and saw Veer by the door, looking at us as in shock. He walked over to us with quick steps and stood by Shreya, staring at me.

I looked down, away from there accusing eyes. "Maya, you're married?" Shreya asked again. I didn't want them to know. I can't let them know. So I shook my head saying no. "Then what's this?" Shreya said and held my mangalsutra. Oh no! I had forgotten to hide the mangalsutra inside my uniform when I changed into it. "Is this some designer necklace? Because I don't think it is. Maya, tell us. Are you seriously married?" she asked again. This time I nodded slowly. I looked up at them both meekly and saw shock written all over there faces.

"Why-" Shreya was saying in a yelling voice until Veer interrupted her. "Maya, why didn't you tell us?" he asked calmly. I didn't reply back and just stood there silently. "Why didn't you tell us Maya!? Aren't we anyone to you?" Shreya said and turned her back towards me. "Shreya, don't say that. You guys are one of the closest people in my life and mean a lot to me. I..I didn't have any choice." I said in an almost crying voice. I was about to break down when Shreya turned around and held my shoulders. "Tell us Maya. We deserve to know." I knew I had no choice but to tell them. They wouldn't stop asking until I had told them and I also wanted them to know.

They made me sit down on a chair and looked at me with questioning eyes. I took a deep breath and told them everything. My life before marriage, how my marriage took place, how Adi didn't want anyone to know, what he had said on our marriage night, and how he treats me. I told them everything from the beginning up to now. In the end I broke down and Shreya hugged me while Veer rubbed my back. "Maya, you should've told us before." Veer said. "I won't leave him! How dare he do something like that to you!?" Shreya said and angrily got up. I got up and stopped her. "Shreya, it's not fully his fault. It was destined. And we can't change destiny." "Destiny? It's all his fault. He can't treat you like that." "Shreya-" "Who is he anyways? Is he the guy that came to pick you up from college that one day? Is he the Adi guy that Sia was talking about that day? Who is he!?" I nodded at her and whispered "Aditya Malhotra." I heard three gasps. Two were from Shreya and Veer. I then looked back and saw pops there.

"Sorry but I couldn't stop myself from eavesdropping when I heard you guys asking Maya if she was married. I had also seen her mangalsutra today but didn't say anything about it because I wasn't sure if she wanted me or anyone to know, and if she did she would've told me on her own." Now I know why he was examining me when I was talking to him today. "Maya, don't worry. One day everything will be fixed. God always does good with good people." pops said, putting his hand over my head. He left afterwards, giving us privacy.