𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒-𝗈𝗇𝖾

•Maya's POV•

Penthouse: Their Bedroom

I looked over at my busy husband and mentally shook my head. He was holding his phone with his ear and was struggling to tie his tie. I went over to him and got on my tippy-toes. I grabbed the tie from his hand and started tying it. He gave me a smile while talking on the phone and mouthed 'thank you'. I just smiled back and finished tying his tie. By the time I finished he ended his call. "What would've I done without you?" he said while wrapping his arms around my waist. "I know. I'm so awesome." I said, making him chuckle.

I got out of his hold and picked up his wet towel which was on the bed. He started putting on his shoes and said "I'm so happy that you aren't like those wives that leave their husband's and go to their maternal house." Only if he knew the reason why I never go there. "But Maya, why don't you? It's not like I'll ever stop, but only for a few hours. I'm not going to allow you to stay a night because you know I can't sleep without you. But I've never seen you talking to your parents nor talking about them." I stiffened hearing him. I've never thought about telling Adi about my past before marriage. I don't know if I'm ready still. "Is everything alright?" I looked over at him and quickly nodded. "Ad..Adi come down for breakfast." I said and quickly left to the kitchen.

It's not like I don't trust Adi. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to tell him. My past wasn't all rainbows and sunshine. It was very dreadful that I still get scared thinking about it.

• • • • •

Penthouse

Adi came downstairs and sat down on island chairs. I placed the toast and coffee in front of him and started washing dishes. "Maya, why don't you go to your parents house today. I can come and pick you up after work." My hands stopped working and I just froze. I really want to go and at least see them once but I know they don't want to see my face and want me to enter their house. "Shit! I'm getting late. I forgot I had a meeting. I need to leave."

I looked over and saw he hadn't even had started eating yet. I grabbed the toast I had made and ran towards him, saying "At least eat something." "I'll eat at the office." he said, putting on his blazer. "Adi I know you won't. Once you get lost in work you never get time to eat." "Maya- Fine, feed me." he said when I glared at him. He took two bites of the toast in a rush. He grabbed his bag and was about to open the door when I said "Adi!" He looked back at me and then realized. He came back to me and kissed my forehead like he always does before leaving. "Bye angel." He had now started calling me angel which I loved. "Bye Adi." I said, waving at him.

I know one day he'll find out the truth and before he does I want to tell him. But I'm not ready yet.

• • • • •

Penthouse: Their Bedroom

I was just doing some extra studying while I waited for Adi to come. I wasn't having the best day as my past was playing in my mind all day long. I had forgotten about them and my past because of all the love Adi showered on me but today one again my past had came back to me.

"Where are you lost? In my thoughts?" I looked up and saw Adi smirking at me. "Oh sorry. I didn't notice you had came back. I'll go heat up the food while you freshen up." I said, getting up from the bed. He pulled me back on the bed and sat down with me. "I know something is bothering you Maya. You know you can tell me." he said, looking at me with care. I just plastered a smile and said "Nothing is. You're overthinking. And if something is I will tell you." He looked at me for a second and then nodded. I know it's not good that I lied but I have no choice. "Don't ever try to hide anything from me Maya. My love for you won't ever decrease for any reason." I just hugged him and closed my eyes. This just calmed me down. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back. Adi is so supportive. I know when I tell him he won't judge me.