𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒

•Maya's POV•

Malhotra Mansion

"Mumma!" I said, running up to her and hugging her. She laughed at my antics and hugged me back. Mumma had invited us to come over but Adi had sent me with the driver, saying he has some meetings and will come in the evening. She broke the hug and said "Where is your husband?" "He actually had a few meetings so he couldn't come right now. But don't worry, he'll come in the evening." I explained. "You know I would've been mad at him for not coming with you but I'm actually happy. We get more time to gossip about him!" she excitedly said. "Where's papa?" I asked. "He's gone to one of his old friend's house and will return after having lunch with him." she said. "Which means we have a lot of time to gossip about these Malhotra men, including Sidharth as he isn't coming with Sia because he and her went somewhere."

• • • • •

Malhotra Mansion: Living Room

"This picture was of Sidharth and Adi when they were just newborns. Adi used to be an angry child just like he is now. But that's only from the outside. From the inside he's actually soft as a marshmallow." she said, showing me the album of Adi's childhood. I swiped my hand over the picture and smiled seeing baby Adi. He was so cute and now he's very handsome. He was born with good looks. She flipped the page and a picture of a little girl, who looked awfully similar to Adi, popped up. "Who's this?" I asked confused, as Adi doesn't have a sister. Maybe a cousin. "This..that's your husband." she said, bursting into laughter. I gasped and looked back at the picture. No wonder why it looks similar to him.

"Why is he in a dress?" I asked, trying to control my laughter. "I always wanted a daughter but I ended up with Adi and then Sidharth. I couldn't have any more kids after Adi's birth so my dream of having a daughter broke, but you came and became my daughter. You didn't come early so I just used to dress both of them up in dresses and make little pigtails out of their hair." I started laughing very hard seeing the picture.

When I finally stopped laughing mumma put her hand on top of mine. She was looking at me with a smile and said "You're happy na Maya? Is Adi treating you right? Does he give you his time?" I smiled at her and said "Mumma he loves me so much that I forgot about our past. He always does everything to make me happy which includes giving me his time. I couldn't have asked god for more." She squeezed my hand and said "I'm happy that my kids are finally happy. You both were meant to be." she said.

"Now give me grandchildren before I turn more old." she said. I turned red and looked down, hiding my blush. "My beautiful daughter is blushing!" she said. "You mean my beautiful daughter!?" I looked behind me and saw papa standing there with a smile. I got up and hugged him. "How are you papa?" "I'm good. How are you? You seem very happy." "Why wouldn't she be when her husband loves her so much." Papa smiled at me and gave me blessings. We all sat down and again started looking through the rest of the album.

• • • • •

"Finally you show us your presence." I looked behind me and saw Adi standing there. It was now the evening and Adi had came back from his office. He hugged mumma and kissed her like all the other times I've seen. He hugged papa and took his blessings. He looked over at me and was saying 'I love you' through his eyes. I ignored him and looked away, back at mumma. "Mumma I'll go help make dinner." I said. "I'm not allowing you to make dinner when you've came after ages. Sit down, let's all spend some family time." I sat down next to mumma, in front of Adi. Adi sat down next to papa, on the sofa which was in front of ours. I could feel his heated gaze on me throughout the whole conversation and knew he was getting irritated with my ignorance. But I was doing this to annoy him because he didn't call me during lunch today.