𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

•Maya's POV•

College

"Hey Maya." I looked over and saw Rahul. Rahul was in a few classes of mine and my partner for our project. "Hey Rahul." "Are you waiting for anyone? And where is Shreya? Isn't she usually with you?" he asked. "Yea I am. And Shreya had left with Veer as she needed to reach home on time today." "Who are you waiting for?" "My husband.." I shyly said. I still feel shy just calling Adi my husband in public. "You're married?!" he asked astonished. This reaction seemed normal as no one really knows I'm married. "Mhm. I've been married for 8 months. Before I joined college." I explained. "Your husband must be a lucky guy to get such a beautiful wife." he said laughing, placing his hand on my back. I wasn't really comfortable so I wiggled away from him and said "I'm the lucky one."

"You are so smitten by your husband!" he said, laughing again. I started laughing and hit his shoulder playfully. I then heard a car horn blow. I looked over and saw Adi's car. "Bye Rahul. I need to go. My husband's here." "Bye. Wait give me your number. I'll call you to discuss times for our project." I nodded and exchanged numbers with him for our project. I waved at him and walked towards the car.

•   •   •   •   •

Car

I sat inside the car and looked over at Adi. He usually kisses my hand or forehead but today he was just staring at me. "What? Do I have anything on my face?" I asked confused. He just looked away and started driving. "Adi what happened? Why are you acting like this? Did something happen at work?" He was acting very weird.

"Who was he?" he asked out of no where, looking at the road. "Who?" "The guy who you were standing so close to and laughing with." Rahul? I think he saw me with Rahul. Did he mistake us? "Rahul?" "Wow, even his name is romantic." he dramatically said.

He sounds so jealous. "Adi you're seriously jealous of him!?" I asked, looking at him. "I'm not even going to say I'm not jealous. But it's not just jealousy. Why was he touching you? Why were YOU touching him? You were laughing with him as if you'd known him since ages." Envy was visible in his tone. "Adi you can't be serious. I can't believe we're talking about this!" "Who is he to you?" he asked, looking at me.

"Adi! Are you assuming things? Are you trying to say that I have something going on with Rahul? Like an affair?" I said getting serious. "I never said that. I'm asking you who he is. And as your husband, I have the right to know." "He's nothing! He's just one of my classmates!" I angrily said. I couldn't believe he was assuming things about me even after he said he trusts me. "Maya-" "Don't talk to me." I said in irritation, looking out the window. He didn't say anything throughout the rest of the car ride. Good! Even I was mad and didn't want to talk to him.

•   •   •   •   •

Penthouse: Living Room

The doorbell rang and I went to open the door. I opened it and saw Rahul looking at me with a smile. "Oh hi Rahul." "Hi Maya." "Come in." I said. I had invited Rahul over to do our project as I knew Adi wouldn't allow me to go to his house. I knew he wouldn't like that Rahul was here so I had invited him over in the evening and was going to tell him to leave before Adi had came. I know I'm doing bad by hiding this but I don't want more complications in our relationship. Me and Adi hadn't talked since yesterday. He didn't try talking nor did I. It was his fault! He should be the one who talks first and apologizes.