𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

•Maya's POV•

A few weeks had past since that bad memory. I'm getting better because I'm trying to forget about it all but it's hard, but college distracts me from it. I had also returned to college after a week. And when Shreya and Veer asked why I was gone for such a long time I just said I was sick. Also, thankfully mumma and papa didn't find out or else they would've gotten worried for no reason. I don't know how they didn't find out because there was a interview with Adi speaking about it.

•   •   •   •   •

College

The last class of the day ended earlier then usual. So Shreya, Veer, and me went to the cafeteria because my car hadn't arrived yet.

"Ugh, I can't believe exams are next week!" Shreya said huffing. "But at least we get three weeks of vacation after." Veer said while sipping his coffee. "Yes vacation! I'm going to sleep during the whole thing." Shreya said. "Shreya your literally a lady version of kumbhakarna." I said, making Veer laugh. "Anyways, Maya what are you doing during the vacation?" Veer asked. "I-" "She's going to read and study during the whole fucking vacation." Shreya said interrupting me. "Rude! And for your kind information I'm going too umm go to the park and temple." I said thinking. "Boring! Why don't we all go somewhere together?" Shreya said. "I'm in!" Veer said. "I can't-" "Maya, you don't have a choice. I'm going too drag you along." Shreya said. "Shreya try to understand. I can't."

Then Shreya gave me her puppy eyes. I swear, this girl! I sighed and said "Fine. I'll ask and if I can I'll call you and let you know." Adi had bought me a phone after that day and gave me a credit card. He had put in everyone's numbers including his, in case of an emergency. I had declined but mumma, who was there, made me take it. I don't use it for other things except calling mumma and papa or Sia and Shreya. And about the card, I haven't ever used it.

"Yay!" Shreya said and jumped on me, hugging me. I hugged her back and saw the car had arrived. "Ok now I need to go. The car is here." I bid bye to both of them and headed towards the car. "Don't forget to ask!" Shreya yelled while I was leaving. I just nodded at her.

Now how am I supposed to ask!

•   •   •   •   •

Penthouse

I was studying in my room for the exams next week, when I heard voices downstairs. Out of curiosity I went downstairs to find a surprise.

I saw a lady's back who was talking too Mary aunty. Then when I stood in front of the lady I found out it was mumma. "Mumma?" I asked shocked, seeing her here. She gave me her amazing smile and hugged me. We broke the hug and I said "What a surprise." I was surprised that mumma came over but more happy.

We three sat down and started talking. Mary aunty left soon because her work was done but me and mumma continued talking. "Why didn't papa come along?" I asked. "Well, I'm here to tell you something but need Adi here too. So I didn't bring Anil and he was busy watching cricket anyways." What does she want to tell us about? "Let me call Adi because I know he will arrive late if I don't tell him I'm here." She then called Adi and hung up, saying he is coming soon.

I was laughing at what mumma had just said and saw Adi standing by the entrance, looking at me. My laughter stopped and I looked away, looking down. "Oh finally you're here!" she said looking over at Adi. Adi hugged her and kissed her cheek. I smiled at there cute little moment. It felt so pure.