𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾

•Maya's POV•

Three weeks had past by since we were on the London trip and were back in Mumbai. And my college had started again. Our relationship was back to how it was before vacation. I would go to my college and he would go to work before me and return when I would go to sleep. Then I'd eat dinner after he'd went to his room.

When I had returned back to college Shreya was shocked that I had gone to London and had asked me many questions about my family and Adi. I was surprised that she remembered his name when Sia had said it. But thankfully, I had covered it up with a lie. I used to never lie before and now I'm forced to lie because of the truth. The truth of our marriage.

•   •   •   •   •

Penthouse: Library

I was leaning against a bookshelf and reading a book because I had finished studying and Mary aunty had left.

I was lost in my book that I didn't notice someone enter the library. In a moment I was pulled to stand up by a strong tight hold, making the  book in my hand fall. I looked up at the owner of all these doings and saw Adi, raging. Did something happen?

"What ha-" "Shut up! Shut your damn fucking mouth up." he yelled. His hold on my wrist tightened making me squirm in his hold. "Leave-" "You! You fucking gold digger. How I started thinking that your innocent face was true but I was right. It's all a fucking trap. You trapped my parents with this face. You trapped Sidharth with this face. And now you thought you could trap me with it. But you should know that I won't ever fall in this stupid trap of yours." he burst out with gritting teeth. My eyes started doing its work by producing tears and making me weak. I looked down, not wanting to see him in the eyes.

"You're mistaken." I managed to whisper. "Haven't I told you to look at me when I'm talking." he yelled, shaking me which made me look into his eyes. "And how could I be mistaken. I had known your true face since the first day but I sometimes thought to myself you are what you act like, but I know you aren't. Today you went to Ayesha and threatened her that you'd steal her place. How more could you fall for money!" he shouted. I started trembling and kept having tears roll down my cheeks. I bit my lip to control my crying but I couldn't. I never said anything like that to Ayesha or even saw her!

"You had married me for money since day one. But your plan was a failure because I had known. You should be grateful that I'm letting you live with me and paying for your college fees. After a few months the divorce will definitely take place and you'd be out of my life with nothing in your hand that you had thought of and Ayesha would be my wife." he said. He looked into my eyes for a second and then let go of me harshly which made me fall, and left.

I slowly got up and looked at the way he had left. It felt like just the way on our wedding night. Just like it was on our wedding night he had thrown me on the ground and had held me harshly today. And again I had just stared at the way he left, with tears in my eyes.

I'm not a gold digger. I never think or care about anyone's money status. For me money isn't everything. But here he was judging me again and calling me a gold digger. Is it because I had used his card? But how could he when he was the one who gave it to me and told me to use it. If it is, then I'll give his card back.

I'll give his card back definitely. I wiped my uncontrollable tears and went towards my room slowly for a sleepless starving night.