6. To Die For

Alex was quick with his drinks, but there were still a lot of orders to fulfill.  He felt his exhaustion start to peak.  Francis noticed it immediately and forced him to take a quick break.  Alex wanted to fight him but knew he shouldn't push it with his stitches. 

He moved to the back and chuckled at the sad whines from the women.  Nick met him in the back and handed him a cup of water.  Alex took it and looked at the cup hesitantly.  He knew he could trust Nick, but a deep-seated fear inside of him made him not want to drink from an unknown cup. 

He caught the man from before because he was attentive.  However, after Remy, he had also become paranoid. He preferred sealed containers or watching someone pour and deliver his beverage.

Nick noticed his hesitation and returned with a sealed water bottle to replace the cup.  Alex had surprise across his eyes. 

Nick gave him an understanding smile. "I guess you may have a history with this sort of thing. It makes sense as to why you reacted so quickly tonight."

Alex rubbed the back of his neck.  "It's not that I don't trust you..."

He didn't know how to finish his sentence, but Nick waved it off.  "You have to exercise more caution because of a past trauma.  That's easy for us to accommodate.  Never apologize for that."  He patted Alex's back as he opened the water and took a couple of drinks.  "How are you feeling?"

Alex nodded.  "A little winded.  I know I have to build my stamina.  But the club is great.  I can't thank you enough."

Nick laughed and was thoroughly impressed.  Many of the women in the club were models.  He avoided telling Alex this to see his reaction when he first saw the beautiful people, but Alex kept a cool and calm demeanor, not showing any distress.

"You handle yourself well. Rest a little, and you can go back to the madness when you catch your breath.  If anything happens to you, Mary will have my balls." Nick joked and patted Alex's arm before leaving back to his room that overlooked the club. 

He would keep a watchful eye on the entire club, making sure everything was orderly.  As a frequent spot of celebrities, he had to be conscious of protecting them and their reputations the moment they stepped into his club.

Having someone like Alex at the bar was a godsend.  Another eye to watch the shady characters who may harm another person.  It was alarming how many people tried to take advantage of another person's inebriated state.

Francis was also good at this but only at one portion of the bar.  Now their field of the range had grown. 

Alex took ten minutes to catch his breath before he came out again.  He was greeted by cheers from the women, who started to cry out for drinks.  He smiled and started to quickly fulfill the orders, moving gracefully and purposely.  He was a performer, and everything he did was a show.

The club was still filled with people at 2:00 AM, but they closed the bar a little early.  He helped Francis clean up a little and then moved to the lounge's dressing room.  He stretched a little to ease his aching muscles.  He looked over to the TV that was on in the lounge that was playing the late-night news.

He was going to ignore it but faltered when he saw Remy's face on the screen.  He felt his wrist burn as if his blood were seeping out again. 

Remy was a beautiful man with a tall and slim build.  His blonde hair was styled perfectly and swept to the side. His green eyes were piercing, but Alex could see they were glassy from weeping.  It was almost seductive, and he wanted to reach out and wipe his tears.  A black dress shirt and trousers framed his graceful body, accentuating his long arms and graceful fingers that were now intertwined with Charles'.  Both looked miserable and pitiful.