24. Bits and Pieces

Alex finished his song and was visibility calmed down. His shot nerves and worn energy seemed to fade with the music. It was always his comfort.

He sighed and leaned his head back against the wall, but jumped when he heard clapping. He turned and saw the group around him with smiles. He blushed a little when he made eye contact with Jaxon.

He didn't quite understand it but it Jaxon seemed to be like gravity, always drawing him to be together with him. He waved a little towards him, which made Jaxon to approach him. He helped Alex off the floor.

Jaxon's eyes looked around the set and nodded with appreciation. "I like the idea. Simple, elegant."

Alex chuckled. "Hopefully I'm not holding them back too much. I'm a little out of my element."

Jaxon grinned. "Feeling better playing that song?"

Alex felt a warmth inside when he realized how well Jaxon knew him already. "I do. But still not one hundred percent. I seriously don't know how you make this look easy."

"Nothing about being this good looking is easy." Jaxon waved his arms up and down his body.

They both laughed and Alex gave Jaxon's chest a light slap. "Fine. Fine. You're hard working and too good looking. Your life must be hard."

If Alex looked closely, he would have notice the blush that rushed to Jaxon's ears, but he was too busy laughing. He leaned against Jaxon's sturdy build. "Any tips to help the helpless singer?"

"Relax. Stop getting self conscious." Jaxon flicked Alex's forehead, making him frown. Jaxon smiled though. "You're doing great. A lot better than my first time."

Alex snorted. "Doubtful."

"How about doing a couple with me?" Jaxon suggested.

This caused Alex's eyebrow to raise. "You're doing a shoot for a magazine. We shouldn't waste the photographers' time by catering to me." He nudged Jaxon a little. "But thank you."

Their moment was interrupted by a quick interjection. "Actually - we don't think that's a bad idea."

They both looked up, shocked to the see Alex's photographer and the magazine photographer next to each other. "It would be an interesting piece about the Legend welcoming a new star to Aura."

"We're already working with the stylists to finding similar outfits for the both of you." The other photographer said.

Alex gave a helpless laugh. "Pray for my ego for when I have to stand by you."

Jaxon bent a little so he could speak quietly in his ear. "Why should I? I think we look great together."

He straightened and followed his stylist to his changing area without looking back. Alex remained grounded in his spot, his mouth slightly hanging open. How was Jaxon able to say something so flirtatious without batting an eye?

Alex was pulled away by the stylist and found himself being fitted into a slim burgundy suit. His hair was styled a little differently, and tamed. His makeup was lightened a little, but caused a big change. He looked in the mirror, admiring the suit. It wasn't something he would be able to wear as Preston, and felt some elation to be able to truly start separating his lives from Preston and Alex. His looks and style was a big step towards that, the people surrounding him was the other large portion. When he thought how Jaxon supported him, without restrictions or caveats like Remy, he would smile warmly.

He came out of the dressing room and met with Jaxon who was grinning. He was in a similar suit but it was dark blue. He took Alex's wrist and led him to the set for his magazine shoot. Alex followed along, unaware that both of them were smiling and causing everyone else to look in their direction.