35. You Broke Me First

As Alex and Jaxon enjoyed their time together, there was a different scene in a penthouse across the city. Glasses were shattering against the walls, and a there was a man screeching at another.

"You! You came up with this horrendous plan! You said Jaxon would never come out and Alex would be alone!"

Charles cowered a little, letting the glasses fly pass him. "Most would do as I predicted, Remy. I didn't think Jaxon would be ok with this."

"Lies! You're out to get me too! You're just like Preston! Scheming and cheating me!"

"Remy, no one is scheming or cheating you. Sometime unexpected happen, that's all." Charles tried to reason with him.

"No! That Alex is a slithering cunning snake that needs to be eradicated! His old agency tried to suppress him, but he found a better one. We tried ruin his reputation, but it was solidified instead. We tired to silence his sales by releasing on the same day, but he is still rising in the charts. We tired to shamefully out him, and now he has a larger fanbase and greater support than we ever had. Nothing is working to bring this bastard down." Remy yelled.

"Then how about we try the duet again. Working together with him will only help your career, and then we can find a way to hook him and rope him in for his content. We just need a way in first... We can bypass him completely and have Brian ask Shawn Peirce. I don't think Shawn would willingly deny a request from Brian."

Remy practically snarled at Charles. "One more chance, Charles. You have one more."

Charles nodded hastily and called Brian.

---

Alex and Jaxon were confirmed as a couple with Aura releasing a statement regarding their support for their relationship. Their fans cried out for more interviews or photo shoots, but they had declined all other offers. They posted a couple of selfies on social media, but choose to stay together in their own sanctuary.

They went into the office together, hand in hand. A large swarm of people surrounded them. The fans lifted signs to show their support while the reports shouted out questions. They only smiled and walked through the path that security carved out for them.

Marc and Chen met them in the lobby, looking a little concerned. "Alex, Shawn is asking to see you in his office."

Alex's smile fell. "From your looks, I have a feeling it's something unpleasant. Did Remy decide to stop by?"

Chen faltered and started to stammer. Jaxon's brow furrowed. "I'll go with you."

Alex was going to protest but Jaxon held his hand even tighter. He laughed a little and they all went up to the office. Unsurprisingly, they saw Brian, Charles and Remy sitting in the glass meeting room, looking quite smug. Shawn was giving them a cold piercing glare, obviously annoyed with the situation. Hugh was sitting with a cold smirk with his arms crossed.

Alex groaned a little. "They are really persistent about this duet."

"How do you know that's what this is about" Jaoxn asked.

"Its the way Charles works, and it's obvious because Hugh is in there looking like he is going to bash some heads in." Alex said with a shrug.

Jaxon gave him a curious look. He noticed that Alex knew a lot about Remy, but also about Charles' habits, as if he had worked with them before. But he knew that Alex never met them before until recently.

They went inside the room and greeted Shawn and Hugh. Alex didn't bother to look in the direction of the others.

Shawn sighed. "Brian is calling in a favor and is requesting a duet with you and Remy, with Hugh as your producer."