45. Two Straight Lines

The night after the fight, Shawn called them and was livid. They finished their investigation of what happened in the practice room that cause Alex to fall.

They have recording equipment and cameras in the practice rooms, but they are only used to record practice sessions when someone desired it.  Alex and Amy never turned them on. Unfortunately, they didn't have too many security cameras in that section, which meant that they could not pinpoint who entered the room.  It was a large blind spot that Shawn promised to remedy.

What helped the investigation was one of the dancers who was with Vittoria at the time finally came forward.  She explained that Vittoria was hysterical after her interaction with Alex and snuck into the practice room to pour oil on the floor. She had been watching Alex dancing for a while, and seemed to know where he normally practiced on the dance floor.  Because he was a creature of habit, it was easy for her to determine where he could slip.

When one person came forward, many followed, expressing their grievances.  Vittoria have a long list of misdeeds and have been attempting to suppress others for far too long.

She was promptly released from her contract.  At the same time, Aura had decided to file a suit against her.  Her actions could not be hidden from other agencies, and no one would want to pick up someone who was violently toxic. 

Shortly after Shawn had called them, they watched a breaking news story of Vittoria stumbling in front of the Aura building with a bottle in hand.  She was a mess with mascara running down her face, smeared lipstick, and disheveled clothes.  She was yelling obscenities at the building and threw her bottle at the glass door and broke it. She entered the building and started to break anything she could find.

The video ended with her in handcuffs and being pushed into a cop car.

Aura gave a statement about how they ended their relationship with Vittoria due to her concerning behaviors.  They also told the public that because of her recent threats and actions, they will be officially requesting the courts to consider ordering her to keep her distance from the Aura property and their employees.

Vittoria was defeated.  Losing her career was probably the worst punishment, but now she couldn't even get close to them anymore. Shawn had asked if Alex and Jaxon wanted to take any additional actions against Vittoria, but she no longer was relevant. Aura taken care of everything they could think of. She was going to face some jail time because of the vandalism, but she had blamed the alcohol.  Considering her blood alcohol levels at that time, the courts then decided that she was a danger to others and herself, and had ordered for rehab.

She was done in the entertainment world and no longer was a concern for them.

But all of this was pushed to the back of his mind as they were finally able to just enjoy each other.

Alex was sitting on a thick blanket and in a heavy jacket while leaning up against Jaxon. With it being Christmas Eve, they knew the house was going to be rambunctious. They escaped early in the morning and took a snowmobile to a secluded area on the property to watch the sunrise.

As the sun was just peaking over the horizon, Alex pulled out a small package from his pocket and handed it to Jaxon.

Jaxon smiled and took it. "What's this?"

"Well, it's not a piano, but it's your Christmas present." Alex said, flushing a little.

Jaxon grinned and carefully opened it and found a small MP3 player and headphones. He turned it on and scrolled through it. Some song titles he recognized, others he didn't.

Alex fidgeted a little. "It's every song I've completed since I've woke up as me."

He pointed to the first one. "That's the song I sang when I was still in the hospital when I just woke up. The second song was the one you saw when I was interviewing at The Lunar."