Chapter Three

Song for the Chapter:

Intentions by Justin Bieber ft Quavo

***

I waited in anticipation at the diner like Colton instructed me to. He was already ten minutes late, and the cold breeze was becoming too much for me. With a frown, I decided to wait inside for him, since punishing myself seemed irrelevant. 

I greeted Lukas, the owner, with a huge smile as I waltzed in. He had a big fatherly round belly in front of him that made him seem like a human pillow. He was always nice to me, and since he knew I volunteered at the senior citizen's home where his uncle was at, he would sometimes give me free brownies or muffins with whatever I ordered. 

"Hello Lukas. How are you this evening?" I greeted once I was close enough. 

"Oh I'm quite great, mate. About to close up in thirty minutes. Did you need anything?" I frowned slightly at that. It was only around 6:30 in the evening, but I didn't question why  he was closing up shop early. 

"Actually, I'll just take two doughnuts please." I smiled brightly as he shot me a knowing look. Every diner, pastry shop or restaurant in London knew Colton and I main order. It was sort of our thing. 

I collected my chocolate covered donut, holding it between my teeth as I retrieved Colton's plain doughnut and my change. I shuffled to a booth by the glass window, so that I could see when he arrived. 

The sun was setting, lighting the sky with its beaming splashes of red, pink and orange. I loved to ogle it so much, and I found myself taking multiple pictures with my phone, whilst still holding the doughnut between my teeth. Before  I knew it, half of my chocolate covered treat disappeared, and I quickly wrapped it in my napkin, not wanting to spoil tradition. But he couldn't be upset. He's the one who's late anyways. 

I snapped quite a few lovely pictures, setting one as my screensaver before quickly sharing it with Shanae. I knew how much she liked things of nature. And though a few building heads were peaking, it was still very much natural. 

I was so invested in the pictures, that I didn't even realize that the bell at the door went off, indicating that someone had entered. 

"Paris!" The voice of my best friend drew me to his gaze, and I smiled widely until I spotted a certain blonde beside him. 

"Anastasia" 

"Paris" We both said in unison, seeing that we both seemed surprised to see the other. We both then looked to Colton, who was smiling innocently as if he didn't notice the tension. 

"Colton I thought we-" I stopped immediately when I noticed that Anastasia and I were speaking the same thing. I threw daggers at him with my eyes, and he just seemed to have noticed the tension. 

He looked about for a while before his eyes landed on my half eaten doughnut and his still sitting there.

"Great you got doughnuts" He beamed, but the blonde's frown only grew as she eyed them too.