Chapter Eighteen

I pulled up at a huge house at four thirty in the afternoon. 

I decided that it would be better to go home and change before coming to see Fabian. Hopefully, he wanted to see me too. 

He lived on the other side of town—the rich side if I should say so myself. I couldn’t say I was surprised either. He goes to Hamilton High and that’s a huge giveaway. However, he never acted like he was wealthy. He didn’t even dress up in expensive, designer clothes either. If they were, then it wasn’t obvious and he didn’t show off with them. 

The house was huge and white, almost looking like the white  of America minus the fancy columns and whatnot. I was a bit intimidated and I wanted to turn around and try calling again. But then I remembered that this is Fabian. I needed to see him. 

I had to. 

With a deep breath and a quick pep talk, I shut off my car and made my way towards the entrance. The doorbell sang loudly as I pressed the fancy button, and 60 seconds later the door swung open, revealing a boy that looked like he just started puberty. 

Alex, I decided. This must be Alex. As I opened my mouth to speak, he beat me to it. 

“What do you want?” he asked in a bored tone. Well then. Alex is a bit rude. 

“I’m here to see Fabian,” I simply said. That’s all he needed to know. 

Alex raised an eyebrow at me before he smirked and crossed his arms over his chest, but he wasn’t making a move to let me in. “Is he f**king you?” 

“Excuse me?” I was taken aback by his question as my eyes widened in shock. Wasn’t he like 12? What the hell does he know about that?

Coming to my rescue, a familiar face appeared and pushed Alex out of the way. 

“Hi Chad,” I greeted out of mere relief that I was getting away from Alex. 

He had a piece of licorice candy in his mouth as he smiled at me. “Paris?” 

“The one and only,” I giggled but it was cut short when he suddenly pulled me inside and against his chest. 

Okay? 

“How are ya? It’s good to see you.” He sounded genuinely enthused as he released me, and I heard Alex mumble something completely inappropriate but I decided to ignore it. Chad did too, which told me it was something usual. 

“I’ve been better,” I admitted with a sigh as I shrugged off my coat. “I’d do much better if I could see Fabian.” 

“It makes sense now,” Chad mumbled to himself before meeting my gaze again. “You two have broken up or something, haven’t you?”