Chapter Twenty-Seven

The end of the day came sooner than I anticipated, and oddly after Guidance class, I was in a completely better mood.

I didn't talk to Colton, but I felt lighter-as if I could breathe again whenever my mind went to him. I was sceptical about whether I should tell Fabian or not. I don't think he would oppose us being friends again, but I know he wouldn't necessarily be comfortable with it either. To be fair, any boy wouldn't be okay with their girlfriend being friends with someone who 'has feelings' for her. Yet, I knew he wouldn't try to tell me not to be friends with him, simply for my sake.

I don't think Colton and I could ever go back to how we were, but the thought of seeing him and talking to him again instead of walking past him as if we were strangers didn't sound too bad.

Speaking of both boys, I had to tell Shanae everything at lunch, so I barely got any time to actually eat. Every time I picked up my sandwich, another question was thrown in my face. So, of course, I was starving.

Nonetheless, it wasn't all that bad because I planned to stop by McDonald's on my way home. I even ensured that I ditched Shanae and Ariana to avoid further tormenting questions when school ended two minutes ago. I was lucky to make it in the parking lot safely as my tummy made another restless growl, but I was frozen in my spot when I noticed that the place where my car was parked today was empty.

At first, I was stunned into a state of no thinking, wondering or moving. I just stared at the empty parking space, as if the car would appear out of thin air like the invisible boatmobile from SpongeBob. Yet, nothing happened.

First, it was panic. My brain finally registered, and I was worried that I lost my mind. Did I even drive to school today? Or did my mind make me believe that I did? Suddenly, all the possibilities to explain this impossible situation came rushing like a flood in my head. Was anything that happened today even real?

Who knows? Maybe I have been asleep since Saturday night, and I'm waiting for my alarm to tell me that it's finally Sunday morning.

But nope. As a random kid bumped past me, I knew that this was indeed real.

And then, I lost it.

"Where the hell is my car!" I screamed, getting the attention of some of the kids around me, and they looked at me as if I was indeed a crazy person.

I started hyperventilating, and I felt as my head started spinning, just like the night at Fabian's house. The last thing I wanted was to faint in the middle of the parking lot. One, because the embarrassment was far too much for me. And two, I didn't believe any of these kids would've actually helped me.

I'd just be knee-deep in asphalt until a loser chemistry teacher who parks in the kids' parking lot finds me at nightfall, and I wake up in the hospital by his crooked tooth, concerned smile. And though I knew that there was no such teacher at this school, I entertained the thought simply because it helped me stay within the conscious world.

"It's okay, Paris," I mumbled to myself. "Your car has a GPS. You'll get it back. Just breathe and-" I paused abruptly when something-or someone, rather, very familiar pulled up in my parking space.

He looked devilishly handsome in his Hamilton High jacket, revving his bike so loud and melodic that he caught the attention of almost every girl in the area. I didn't even stop to glare at their lustful stares because mine was fixed on my new boyfriend as he whipped the helmet from his head and ruffled his messy hair with his long fingers.

The entire female population swooned, including me, as he smiled at me both in amusement and guilt. It was then that I realised that this was all him. How did he even manage to get my car?