Chapter Seven

Have you ever thought about what the power of one single day of happiness can do for a person? 

We go through life everyday as scheduled, nothing changing, nothing new. A few weeks later, it will be almost impossible to remember what you did on said day. However, when you have a day, an hour or even a minute of enjoyment out of your regular schedule, you will always remember that moment. 

When a friend asks what you learnt in Biology yesterday, it takes a couple seconds to resurface your memory.. But if they ask, 'do you remember that clown from the carnival yesterday?', the memory immediately clicks to your mind. 

Well, that's just how the human brain works. Happiness, fun and excitement will stay longer than the regular boring stuff. 

As for me, I don’t think I will ever forget that evening I spent with Fabian. It ended badly, no doubt about that, but every time my mind drifted, it went straight to a certain dark-haired boy with broad shoulders and a single ear piercing, smiling down at me in a pool as we swam 'illegally'. 

There was no doubt in my mind that I missed him. I haven’t seen or heard from him in days and it worried me. And to make it worse, every time I closed my eyes, I would see his stupid perfect smile, and when I sleep, my dreams were invaded by his laugh and hands on mine. 

In addition, we didn’t even exchange numbers. We didn’t get a chance to. After that Derick guy pissed off Fabian, he drove us back to the roller-skating rink where he left without saying more than a goodbye. I didn’t even get a chance to end the evening better, all because of that dick Derick. 

Whoever he was, Fabian obviously didn’t like him. But I couldn’t go along any longer without seeing him again. Not that I was obsessed or anything, but I simply didn’t like how we parted the last time. 

So, here I was, once again, sitting in my car outside of the roller skating rink. I should really be arrested for doing this again. 

And just like the other time, I didn’t move from inside my car. I simply sat as I watched people venture in and out of the building. What was I even afraid of? Fabian wasn’t upset with me that day. He was upset with Derrick. So why was I so nervous? 

I had no clue. But every time I thought of seeing him again, my tummy would erupt in butterflies. My palms get sweaty every time I reached for the door handle, and I found myself pulling my lips between my teeth a lot. 

"What are you so scared of Paris? That he will tell you to leave him alone or something?" I asked myself out loud. But deep down I knew that was it. 

If I hadn’t been here that day stalking him like I was doing now, he wouldn’t have seen me and we wouldn’t have ended up at his school. Then, he probably wouldn’t have seen Derick and ruined his evening. 

"Wow" I mumbled to myself. "I really twisted this story so much just to blame myself" 

It was a habit of mine. No matter what, I always ended up blaming myself. 

"Okay let's do this" I boosted myself one last time as I pushed the door open.