Chapter Seventeen

It has been three days and I have heard nothing from Fabian. Literally nothing. 

He said he was going to call, but I didn’t even receive a text. I was quite annoyed with him for avoiding me like this, since I literally had no idea what Colton could’ve told him. Then again, I felt horrible. If what Colton told him was enough to have him avoiding me, then what the hell was really happening? 

It was the way he said goodbye that told me that he didn’t want to be avoiding me, but obviously what Colton said was taking a hard time on him. He kissed me, held onto me so tight as if he didn’t want to let go, and then when he did, the sadness was evident in his eyes. 

I desperately wanted to know what the hell Colton told him, but Fabian wouldn't return my text or calls, and Colton refused to tell me. 

So, I refused to talk to Colton. Simple. 

I decided that as long a Fabian is ghosting me, I would ghost Colton. And since he refused to tell me what he told my date, there would be no communication between us. 

“Paris, just talk to the poor guy. It is getting creepy now,” Shanae insisted for the hundredth time since lunch started. He was seated across from the room, staring directly at our table like some creepy stalker. But I refused to look back. 

“Fabian is not speaking to me because of something he said to him. So excuse me if I might seem petty.” I smiled innocently before popping a fry in my mouth. 

Shanae rolled her eyes. “You are not just torturing him you know? It’s all of us. He had called me seventy-two times in three days, Paris. Seventy-two bloody times!” She complained and I actually laughed. 

Well mine was three times that. I didn’t answer even once. 

“What exactly happened that day? I thought you guys made up on Monday,” Ariana said as she stole a fry from my plate. I glared at her before answering. 

“We did make up. In fact we're doing just great. When we were at Lukas’ diner, things were tense at first, but eventually it got smoothed out. That’s what I thought, until we were all outside and Colton pulled Fabian aside to talk to him. And since then, I haven’t heard from Fabian.” 

Ariana scoffed. “No offense Paris, but Fabian is sort of a wanker for ghosting you only because Colton said so.” 

For some reason her statement annoyed me. I didn’t believe that Fabian was avoiding me because Colton said so. That doesn’t sound like Fabian at all. He wouldn’t give a crap if Colton held a gun to his head and threatened him. 

I believed it was something far deeper—something that would make him WANT to stay away from me. The thought alone scared me. What did Colton know about him that I didn’t? 

And why would he refuse to tell me? If he somehow has some leverage over Fabian that he used to blackmail him into staying away from me, then it must be huge right? So as my best friend, he should’ve told me when I asked.