Chapter Six

"So are you going to tell me where we're going?" I asked Fabian, after getting sick of driving for twenty minutes with no words. The silence wasn't awkward, but the anticipation was real. 

He smirked as he glanced at me quickly. "If I tell you, then how will this be fun for me?"

"I want it to be fun for me too" I huffed in annoyance, crossing my arms over my chest stubbornly. He laughed this time, and I got to relish again in how beautiful his laugh sounded. 

Wait what? 

"Will you at least give me a clue?" 

"Nope" 

"A tiny tiny clue?" 

He shook his head. "No" 

"A sentence?"

"You wont stop wont you?" He asked with a pointed look. It was my time to smirk. 

"Nope" I provided a toothy grin as he glanced at me again. He looked amused yet intrigued by me--something I had never noticed. 

"Let's just say, I'm taking you to school" 

My face fell at this. "School? I just got back from school" 

He laughed loudly at this, which had me a bit confused. Was he joking to annoy me? Or was he actually taking me to school? 

"Not your school silly" He chuckled. "I go to school too, you know?"

It just actually occurred to me at that moment that I didn't know much about him. In fact, I didn't know anything about him. It got me intrigued to know more and more about him. Who is he really? Where is he from? What's he like under all the smirks and ego? 

I suddenly didn't mind him taking me to his school again. I oddly wanted to know more and more about him. I must've been staring at him without realizing, because his next words had me in a blushing mess. 

"Take a picture, Skates. It'll last longer" 

I huffed and turned away quickly, not wanting to admit to him or myself that I was indeed staring at him. Will this always be how he is? Teasing, cocky and annoying? I rolled my eyes at the thought, yet it didn't bother me much. 

Within minutes, we were pulling up to Hamilton and Hills High School. I turned more to eye the compound as he drove inside. He didn't strike me as a Hamilton type of guy, but I couldn't say I was surprised. 

"So you're one of them huh?" I asked as I unbuckled myself. 

"One of them?" He asked with a light chuckle. "Meaning?" 

I shrugged. "Hamilton kids act all royalty and shit"