Chapter Five

"And that class, is the full explanation of Newton's Third Law of motion. Any questions?" Mrs. Berry, the Physics teacher asked. Every hand except mine went up, since for sure no one understood what the old lady had explained.

Her explainations were always so vague, and going all over the place with no apparent ending. After twenty minutes, she just keeps talking rubbish. She knew this, which was why she obviously chose me instead, even though I didn't raise my hand.

"Paris" She beamed, sticking her pen in her hair bun. "

I groaned internally, but smiled at her anyways. "Sure Mrs. Berry. I understand that to every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction"

I never learnt any of this from her, but after my very first class, I've resorted in watching YouTube videos to teach me physics, since I absolutely have to pass this subject.

I proceeded to explain everything else to the listening and confused pupils around me just like every class, and by the time I was done, a series of 'ooohs' and 'that makes sense' vibrated around the room.

I had a feeling Mrs. Berry purposely does this every class, since she knows no one ever understood her. However, no one disliked her. She was a sweet, kind mentor-ish type of woman. She would more fit a guidance counselor position than Physics teacher though.

Luckily, while she was announcing a quiz that no one was prepared for, the bell rang, indicating lunch time. We quickly gathered our stuff and made for the exit while she shouted topics at our retreating forms. I was starving, so I didn't even stop at my locker, I simply headed straight for the cafeteria.

"Paris wait up!" I heard someone call from behind me. It was Ariana, my Biology partner and sort of friend.

She was an odd girl . Sometimes she would be happy and jovial, while on other days she would seem like she hated the whole world. Today seemed like one of the good days, so I slowed my strides so she could catch up.

"How are you mate?" She asked once she was beside me.

I shrugged. "Fine I guess. I've had better Mondays"

"I can tell. Eddie was the sole victim of your mood today"

I couldn't help but laugh at that. Eddie, as Ariana named it, was our frog that we got to dissect in class. Apparently, she got attached to the little fellow, and I 'murdered it', as she put it.

"Eddie understands" I chuckled. "I just had a long weekend"

My eyes widened as I saw the one person I had been avoiding since Thursday. I haven't sent him a single text since the day at the rink, and I hadn't answered his messages either. From what I could see, he looked sort of stressed, and I felt bad. But I wasn't ready to talk to him just yet. I was still accepting reality and recovering from a broken heart.

I quickly grabbed onto Ariana's hand and pulled her into the closest bathroom. I shoved her in a stall and jumped in beside her, slamming the door shut. I thought I met his eyes for a quick second, but I wasn't sure.

"Woah there Paris. If you wanted some, you could've just asked" Ariana laughed from beside me, and I quickly threw my hand over her mouth with a glare.

"SShh" I placed my index over my lips for exaggeration. "And I'm not bent. I just don't want-"

"Paris?"

"Shit" I cursed lowly when I heard his voice booming through the bathroom.

"Paris what are you doing in the male's bathroom?"

'I'm in the male's bathroom?'

"What are you doing in the females' bathroom?" I asked back in unsurity. Come to think of it, I didn't quite see what bathroom I ran into.