Chapte Nineteen

"What the hell do you mean she just fainted?"

The voices around me had been becoming clearer as I stirred awake. My head pounded, and it sounded like they were whisper shouting angrily.

"I mean she just fainted, Fabian. She was fine one minute and then-"

"I swear to God if you did something to her water I'll f**k you up." I could recognize this voice as Fabian’s. I could literally hear the venom dripping from his voice.

"I gave her bottled water, genius. And why would I hurt the one f**king human being who can stabilize your f**ked up mind?”

This was getting too much. I shuffled a little as I tried to move, but the pounding in my head had me in place. I blinked my eyes open, and I could see that I was in a huge white room.

At the corner, Chad stood in front of Fabian, but Fabian had his back turned to me.

It actually became real. He’s here.

I’ve missed him.

“Fabi-“ I tried to call but I coughed instead. Luckily, this caught his attention and he quickly whipped his head in my direction.

“She’s awake,” he mumbled eagerly as he dashed towards me. I managed to sit up a little better in the extremely comfortable bed.

I actually got a chance to gaze around a bit, and I saw that it was Fabian’s room. I knew from all the pictures and videos he sent me.

The bed dipped, telling me that someone sat beside me, and my heart fluttered in my chest when I came eye to eye with him, sitting in front of me with a small frown on his lips.

I bravely reached out and rubbed the creases from his forehead before trailing my hand down his cheek to cup it. I didn’t want to see him frown.

“Hey,” I mumbled in a croaky voice with a smile, and I could see Chad waiting at the door with a ‘I told him so’ look on his face. The sight almost had me laughing if my head wasn’t pounding so much.

“Sshhh.” He brought a glass of water to my lips so that I could drink.

I greedily gulped it down before continuing my greeting. “Hey, I missed you,” I told him honestly, but he didn’t look too concerned about that.

“I miss you too, Paris. Trust me, I did.”

“He did,” Chad shouted from the doorway, and one glare from Fabian had him retreating with his hands lifted in surrender and a smirk on his face.

“But you fainted, Paris. Can we talk about that?”

I fainted? Well, that explains the headache.

I could see the worry on his face. And from what I overheard just now when I woke up, he thought Chad did something.

I sighed. “It’s not a big deal Fabian. It’s something that used to happen.”

“Used to happen? Is that why you seem so nonchalant about it? Does this happen a lot?” he asked with furrowed brows.

“Probably a couple months ago, but they stopped.”