Chapter Fourteen

"Are you ready for this?" 

I gulped, my body shaking like a Chihuahua as I slowly nodded. I didn't have another choice anyways, so I had to be ready. 

"Once you get on Paris, there's no turning back," he said in a soft voice, but loud enough for me to hear. 

"I understand the terms," I snapped unintentionally. My heart was going a mile per hour, and my palms were getting sweaty in fear. 

With a single nod, he handed me a helmet and climbed on, motioning for me to follow. 

"Just hold on, okay?" 

"Okay." And just like that, he was off. 

I gripped his waist like my life depended on it, which it kinda did,  as he sped through the Saturday evening. My cheek was pressed to his back and my eyes were squeezed shut as my whole being trembled. 

I was facing one of my biggest fears--riding a motorcycle. Fabian had won at our argument about it, and so I reluctantly--very reluctantly--agreed to ride with him. My fingers sank deep in his chest, and even over the whooshing wind I could hear him hissing in pain from my nails. 

Suddenly, we were pulling over, and my stupid mind thought I'd survived and was safely home in such a short span of time, but then I realized we had just pulled onto the main road. 

Great. 

Fabian glanced over his shoulder at me, and he slowly took off his helmet to scowl at me. I would've gushed at how sexy he looked when he shook his hair, but I was too busy recovering from a panic attack. 

"Are you going to sink your nails in my heart, woman?" 

"It's scary okay!" I defended. "Go slower." I pouted with my body still shaking violently as I wrapped my arms around him again and buried my cheek in his back. I could feel the shake  of his torso from his light chuckling, then he brought my fingers to brush his lips against them. 

"Okay I was inconsiderate. I'll go slower, I promise," he mumbled, placing another small kiss to my knuckles before roaring the death machine to life again. I gulped and my body tensed, and I could feel him chuckling again before we were off. 

It felt like ages since we were driving, and every time I tried to open my eyes to at least try and find the thrill in it, I always failed. 

Well, I guess I will never get used to bike rides. 

After what seemed like an eternity, we finally managed to make it home. I was still, however, stuck to the bike, gripping Fabian's waist. 

"Uh-we're here," he announced, a little confused. I already knew but was recovering from shock. 

I could hear him sighing as he grabbed a hold of my hands and slowly unhooked them from his waist. Even then, I was stuck on the bike like a dried up piece of gum under a cafeteria table. 

"Come on Skates. It wasn’t that bad." This caused me to move, as I quickly whipped my head towards him. 

"Wasn’t that bad? You try telling that to my heart!" I complained as I quickly hopped off. He steadied me when I stumbled a bit, and I quickly pulled the helmet off and handed it to him. 

Fabian smiled down at me as he used his thumb to massage my frown away. I was aware that we were in front of my house and my sister or parents could've been watching, but I didn’t care. 

"I'll see you soon," he said as he leant down to gently kiss my forehead. I pouted, expecting more than just a forehead kiss but then I realized that he must’ve been thinking the same thing I was. Anyone could be watching.