Chapter Ten

The silence that was left between us eventually subsided, and we found ourselves sinking into a new series of light conversation. 

After I so calmly assured Colton that I was okay and he should stop being so persistent, I was teased by Fabian about Colton being my 'overprotective boyfriend.'

As if. 

I was glad that the tension left the air though. My bold accusation that he was only being nice to me because he wanted to sleep with me got lost in the past, and I was grateful.

I guess I could appreciate that trait about him. He knew how to make tension go away, unlike me with my naturally awkward self. 

Currently, we were playing 20 confessions in hopes to learn more about each other. We were only on our tenth, and I had been dying of laughter. 

"You did not have blonde hair," I laughed as I imagined him with light highlights. I couldn’t see it. His dark hair suited him quite perfectly, so blonde? I couldn't begin to imagine.

He grinned with a nod. "I did. I rocked it quite well too." There we go again with the cockiness. I simply rolled my eyes with a chuckle as I decided on what else I would tell him. 

I was a relatively boring person, so I had nothing fun to contribute to this game apart from my teenage rebels and that one time I had vape. 

"Um lemme see..." I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth as I thought. Luckily, the perfect thing came to my  mind. "Oh I know! There was this one time when I was about fourteen, when I actually stole something from a token shop!" 

I beamed proudly, but he only narrowed his eyes at me. "Did you?" 

"I might've actually taken it by accident and went back to pay for it, but I was a badass." I ended with a puffed chest, but it immediately deflated when he busted out in laughter. 

"You are such a goody two-shoes." 

"I am not," I protested in annoyance. "You're annoying." I huffed in frustration, feeling utterly tired of him making fun of everything I confessed. I felt completely over the game. 

However, I was taken by surprise when I felt his arms being wrapped around my waist and he rested his head on my shoulder as his chest rumbled in laughter. 

"I'm sorry, Skates. I'm just teasing." 

"Don’t tease me," I demanded as I tried to pry him off of me stubbornly. "You've lost the privilege of hearing the next ten." 

Despite my pushing, pinching and kicking, he wouldn’t let me go. I eventually started to laugh as I continued to push him away from me, and he even made it worse when he started tickling me. 

"Tell me you'll continue the game and I'll let go," he challenged, but I stubbornly shook my head as I sank my nails in his arms. 

"No!" I giggled. "You'll tease me." 

"I promise I won't." 

"Yes you will." 

"I won't," he insisted. I huffed in defeat as my sides ached from all the laughing. 

"Okay fine I'll continue." I finally gave in, giving him one last shove, just as he let me go. But I hadn’t expected him to, and so my push sent him plummeting in the beautiful blue water in a deep splash.

I threw my hand over my mouth as my eyes widened, avoiding the few droplets of water that stuck to my face and clothes when he landed in the water. 

He was under there for a while, but I knew he was doing it on purpose, because the water wasn’t deep. I giggled as the amusement of it all dawned on me, and I rose to my feet as I peeped over to see him.