Chapter 13

Sehun’s arrival instilled a new force into the male students of our remotely located school. For a point in time, the female students were also falling over each other in their eagerness to spread the news: Class 6 of Senior Year 1 came out with a fresh good whose style was considerably unconventional, and a smile which resembled that of Monalisa’s.

Sehun’s limelight has overshadowed Jungkook for a short while, I’ve endlessly felt so sorry for Jungkook, Jungkook on the other hand, only commented that there was something wrong with my brain.

In order to express my loyalty and support for Jungkook occupying the number one male position in the entire campus. I kept on showing my disdain towards Sehun’s appearance, and on more than one occasion, had publicly made harsh criticisms with regards to his looks. Included among these, was his brown hair which countless of girls have beautified as that of a Japanese hairstyle, together with his Western-style stud earring — I said a yellowish hair was naturally due to malnutrition, and that wearing stud earrings, was naturally effeminate. I’ve also said, he made himself look like a bad boy, his performance in school must be very poor, that surely he was not a good person, and that he might be a delinquent, or worse, someone who takes drugs and kills people.

I don’t know why the younger me must have to shamelessly slander Sehun that way, perhaps all the exam-oriented education was wrong. If at that time I committed murder and arson, perhaps it was also the mistake of this type of education. In short, a thousand mistakes, were not my mistakes.  

However, Sehun in my unflagging efforts of slandering him, showed magnanimity that was rare within people of our age. Whenever our gazes would meet, he would give me a faint smile, his eyes were constantly filled with mirth, as that of a father watching a mischievous son.

With regards to this matter, it was Jungkook’s behavior which surprised me. There was a time when he suddenly called me over to a dusky corner, I was thinking that he either wanted to confess his love, or collude in scheming with me. Hence, my heart was anxious from too much excitement.

It turned out that, he only gravely and seriously gave me a warning, “Lisa, I don’t want to hear you speak ill against Sehun again.”

I tried to suppress my frustration and asked him, “Why?”

“Making rumors is wrong.” He simply said so.

I could only nod and express regret for my past deeds. 
At that time, I had some sort of very inexplicable tendency to worship Jungkook. Even if he’d say that the sky is green, the clouds are blue, the color of poop is that of a rainbow, I would only nod and say, ‘Yes, you are right.’

Of course, I’m also quite fortunate that I’ve worshipped such a person during my moronic phase. He’d point out to me some things that were wrong, and indeed those things were wrong.

So as to convince Jungkook that I’ve sincerely repented and mended my mistaken ways, I ripped a page from my desk mate’s notebook which has a photo of F4 at the very top, and wrote a very touching apology towards Sehun on that tiny slip of paper during our Math class.

I’ve long forgotten what I wrote word per word, but I remember receiving his reply which was written on a scrap paper, “It’s alright, but my name is Sehun, not Sihoon.

His correction has made me realize that his name was extremely confusing.

After this matter has passed through, my favorable impression towards Sehun has naturally increased significantly, I felt that he was truly a virtuous man who requite evil with goodness, furthermore I thought that the stud earring on his ear was truly sparkling, especially attracting affection.