Their youth part 8

It was the winter break of university Year 1, Lisa was back home for about half a month now, and she’s missing Jungkook like mad. Ever since university started, most of his term breaks were spent in school. There were always things for him to be busy on. On the other hand, the moment term break hit, Lisa sped back home. Her mum said that she prepared good food for her at home. Although she could only enjoy her “like-a-king” life for at most, the first two days of her return, she still finds joy.

Holiday is good, except for the longing.

Last night Lisa gave a call to Jungkook asking him when he will be back, he said he will only be back slightly before New Year. Lisa whined about it and said she misses him, and he only laughed from the other side of the call, saying that the days without her annoying him are very peaceful.

Lisa said, “You don’t even call me,” he replied, “You are the one that said long distance calls are expensive.”

Lisa said, “Then at least get online to chat with me,” he replied, “The school cut the internet.”

Lisa said, “Then don’t you miss me?” he replied, “Still okay.”

The Lisa who ended the call mumbled this bastard, but her eyes were gleaming.

Lisa’s mother who was washing vegetables in the kitchen couldn’t help but shake her head in laughter. Foolish child, do you think lowering your volume will stop me from hearing it? How can the thin walls of an old apartment deter the happiness of youth?

That night Lisa accidentally missed Jungkook’s call while she was emptying the trash. When she called back, it could no longer get through. Not sure what happened, but perhaps it’s the rumored sixth sense, Lisa had this frightening feeling that something was about to happen. She spammed calls back to Jungkook, until a lady spoke the line, “The phone of the number you have just dialed is currently turned off.”

Lisa comforted herself saying, “That’s good that’s good, it wasn’t a lady voice that said “the number you have just dialed changed girlfriend.” Still, she couldn’t stay still, she was afraid something had happened to him, but was afraid he was out with some other girl. Honestly, sometimes her degree of love towards Jungkook, scares herself.

She paced back and forth the hall about 10 times, finally her mum threw a slipper at her for blocking the television. When she went to her room to hide, her phone rang. A chain of unknown numbers, she picked up the phone.

There came a gentle voice of a girl, she said, “Hello, are you Jungkook’s girlfriend?”

“Yes.”

“I like Jungkook, I’m the captain of the school’s model club, blah blah blah.”

“Oh, captain do you want to suck me into the club?”

…..

“I’m kidding.”

Lisa actually didn’t have the mood to joke, it was just in that moment her brain short-circuited and the words came out. However, she felt really cool after saying that. There’s the demeanor of the first wife, and a humorous one.

The captain said a bunch of stuff. Long story short, she was just trying to prove that she loves Jungkook more than Lisa, and suits Jungkook more than her.

Lisa didn’t know what to say, so she just ended her call. She thought for a while and called back the number that called her, saying, “Captain, you said you are prettier than me, but I have never seen you, how about you send me your photo, bare faced with no photoshop.”

The other side went silent for a long while before saying, “Are you nuts?”

Lisa said, “You can’t put it that way, I am fine mentally. It doesn’t matter if you don’t send me your photo, captain you are popular, I can probably find your photo on the internet, I will go to the school’s forum to compliment your beauty, and your hobby in snatching other people’s boyfriend.”