Chapter 47

When I woke up in the hospital, I subconsciously looked around the sides of the bed I was lying on, and was terribly disappointed to find out that there was no such scene wherein the male lead would rest his head on the female lead’s bed, as he ended up sleeping from being so tired which is often shown on TV dramas. Hence, I just kept on turning my head in all directions, trying to look for my phone — I wasn’t able to find it, and instead felt a little dizzy from swaying my head a couple of times.

I wanted to lift my hand to massage my temples, but as soon as I lifted it, I felt a dull ache on the back of my hand. Putting it right before my eyes to assess it, I’ve noticed that there were bluish green pin pricks on it. It seems that I have been treated with needles, but I don’t understand what for. I didn’t want to rule out Jungkook’s disdain for me, and the probability of him bringing me here to undergo acupuncture treatment as an opportunity for him to execute his revenge.

Around five minutes later, as I was still trying to overcome the kind of dizziness akin to barely waking up, the door was pushed open, a familiar-looking nurse came in, and said, “Doctor Jeon’s girlfriend, are you already awake?”

I wanted to open my eyes, if it wasn’t for that mishap, it would not seem as though I have just woken up, so I nodded my head a little, and very cooperatively said, “Just woke up.”

“Doctor Jeon went to a meeting. He asked me to come here and watch over you.” She explained.

“What’s wrong with me?”

“Low blood sugar, pregnant.” 

“………..” My lifeline left right on the spot, trembling, I asked her, “Wh…….What?”

“Low blood sugar! Pregnant!” She replied with her voice slightly raised.

I was having mixed feelings, I just had a fight with Jungkook, but as soon as he turned around, I’ve already conceived his child, my tummy seems to be too disappointing…….

“Hey, you’re going to be a mother, cheer up.” The nurse said, then added, “Give me a smile.”

I was still having mixed emotions, there was no time to show her a smile, “Help me call Jungkook to come over right now, I have something to talk with him.”

She looked very reluctant, “You have to smile first to show that you are happy, after that I’ll go out to call Doctor Jeon for you.”

I searched her face suspiciously, say unnie, I think you’re acting weird.

She looked a little bit guilty, after forcing out two hollow laughs, she suddenly bolted for the door, shouting, “Doctor Jisoo, come inside!”

The door was pushed open, the ‘humour expert’, Doctor Jisoo walked inside in a leisurely manner, using the kind of voice of hating the iron for not becoming steel, she lectured the little nurse, “You’re truly very useless, this simple matter you can’t even handle properly.”

She greeted me with a smile, “Hi Lisa, actually, you only have low blood sugar and a hangover, also a slight cold. But we made a bet just a minute ago, say if we trick you and tell you that you were pregnant, will you cry or smile? She bet on you smiling, I bet on you crying, in the end, you neither cried nor smiled, so boring.”

Aha, why am I neither sad, nor happy, and not even surprised at Doctor Jisoo’s antics?

“I was just joking, you’re not mad are you?” Doctor Jisoo said, “Or are you very disappointed now? Do you want to cry?”

I was rubbing the bruises on the back of my hand, and said, “What did you guys bet?”

“10 shifts.” Doctor Jisoo said.