Chapter 34

I got home. I let out at a giggle as I lifted my head to look at the shiny, brand-new air conditioner. Air conditioner is literally one of the greatest invention by mankind, as well as the computer, the television, the washing machine, the water heater, the car, the airplane……..and so on. In other words, humans are simply amazing.

Jungkook was still seething on the couch, watching the television that was cranked up in an unusually very loud volume. It made me wonder whether there was something wrong with the TV’s audio, or that there was something wrong with Jungkook’s ears. I guess it’s the latter. When someone is seeing red, they have the tendency to hurt their bodies the most.

After I was done giggling at the air conditioner in the living room, I ran inside the bedroom and giggled at yet another air conditioner. Afterwards, I went out and patted Jungkook on the shoulder and said, “I’m sorry for making you spend money, actually, buying one for the bedroom was already enough, you could have left out this one in the living room.”

He continued staring at the television and didn’t even spare me a look. He casually picked up the remote control on the coffee table, and turned on the air conditioner. With a quick eye and a deft hand, I snatched the remote control from him, “Go take a shower, I’ll turn on the air conditioner in my room. Just go inside after you’ve showered.”

You see, the space of the bedroom is a lot smaller than the living room, hence cooling it utilizes a lot less electricity. Even though I didn’t like studying as a kid, however I firmly remember a certain sentence in a certain piece of writing in my grade school literature and language textbook — ‘A refrigerator is affordable, but we can’t afford the electricity.’ Alright, I admit that the things which my mind usually chooses to remember are quite weird. Naturally after years of keeping the good and getting rid of the bad, this piece of writing must have already been removed from the grade school textbooks as it doesn’t conform with the harmonious development of society. 

Jungkook looked at me with a wooden expression on his face, “I’m not in the mood to take a shower.”

I didn’t understand what he was saying, “What mood do you want to have for you to shower?”

He reached out for the remote control, so I hid it behind my back, “Take a shower, take a shower.”

He casted me a look, “Is this supposed to be a hint?”

I froze, my subconscious mind was throwing the remote control that I was holding at him,  “Who’s hinting at you, you…….you’re shameless!”

Jungkook probably has never been called shameless all his life, so he simply grabbed the remote control and threw an unfathomable look my way. I showed him my most beautiful smile and then broke into a run.

I quickly slammed the door shut with a bang, and locked it.

Outside, Jungkook was rapping on the door, “If you have the guts, show yourself to me!”

“I don’t have the guts.” I flatly declared.

I picked up the remote control on the computer desk and turned on the air conditioner, then in high spirits, threw myself on the bed and pulled out a manga from under the pillow.

Lying down on my stomach, I was reading it while singing a song, and moving my legs about.

Until there was a sound of the door being unlocked, I was alerted and turned my head around, Jungkook was leaning against the door frame, a bunch of keys were twirling on his index finger, with a smile plastered on his face which was directed at me, “I’m shameless right?”

I think that when his dimple looks the sweetest, he’s about to bare his fangs…..

I shrieked, “Didn’t you already return the keys to me?”