The days of separation 1

Jungkook's side

The first Spring Festival/ New Year after breaking up with Lisa, Jungkook got the news that was passed through many hands that Lisa had returned home early to await the New Year due to her losing her job. He had originally been arranged to be on duty on the second day of the New Year, and had already planned long ago to not return home to celebrate the New Year. In any case, he too didn’t like the atmosphere when they celebrated at home. Because of his father, the people that came and went at his house were all that sort of “I won’t say that I’m here to give a present, but I am actually here to give a present”, and everyone’s style of speaking was more or less that sort of “I’m flattering you very obviously, but I believe that you actually don’t know that I am flattering you”……

Plus, he didn’t want to see Lisa at all.

But in the evening of the eve of new year, he suddenly switched shifts with his colleague and returned home, it was a ten hour ride, with a traffic jam of five hours, he had never hurried on a journey on the eve of New Year, he didn’t realise that there would be so many people rushing to return home, rushing to meet the people they wanted to meet.

It was three o’clock at night when he returned home, he quietly opened the door by himself and entered his room, and without changing out of his clothes, he drew the curtains apart to look at the window of the building opposite (his), wanting to know if that person still covered her head under the blankets and used a torchlight to read fictional novels in the middle of night, if she would tear the blankets away when she felt suffocated and couldn’t breathe, the light from the torchlight would momentarily flash through the darkness, like a shooting star that suddenly streaked by.

After standing for roughly five minutes, Jungkook suddenly became aware of how his actions were very stupid, and he silently drew the curtains together.

He couldn’t swallow such resentment, yet he couldn’t let go of that pair of hands, life was so tangled as such, it was even more tangled than a sigmoid volvulus. 
(T/N: sigmoid volvulus – the most common form of twisted bowels)

On the morning of the first day of the Lunar New Year, when Jungkook walked out of his room, his father was so shocked that he dropped the cigarette in his hand onto some Director so-and-so who was helping him light his cigarette, the cigarette butt scalded the director causing him to howl, but he immediately put on a smiling face once again and said, “I’ll prosper after being scalded by fire, I’ll prosper.” 

Jungkook was expressionless as he nodded his head and said his greetings. At the corridor outside the toilet, he once again succeeded in causing his mum to jump in shock.

No one belaboured his sudden returning home to celebrate the new year, just like how no one belaboured him not returning home to celebrate the new year. An excuse such as ‘being too busy’, flooded his entire growing up, but it didn’t matter, he was a person who didn’t like being controlled to begin with, Lisa seemed to also be aware of his habits, she stuck to him tightly, but she never meddled in any of his matters, or rather she never dared to meddle in any of his matters. Sometimes it really felt like she was so silly that it seemed like one could never think of them being together, yet she couldn’t have understood him more.

Really…… What did any of these matters have got to do with that messy-haired ex-girlfriend.

The curtains in his room had not been drawn open since last night, unexpectedly, he childishly felt that he would lose if he opened them.

No one knew he had returned, hence naturally there also wouldn’t be anyone coming to look for him, so on the first day of the Lunar New Year he covered his head and slept in his room, awakening then sleeping, sleeping then awakening, he actually used Lisa’s method of spending her holidays.