Chapter 42

After we finished our hotpot, Jungkook sent me back home but said that he had to go back to the hospital for his shift. I was extremely surprised by that. I said, “Could it be that you specially came all the way to get a free meal?”

He was very cool. He snorted twice and questioned, “Can’t I?”

I praised him powerfully on knowing how to live by using such tactics.

He came back at around 5 or 6 in the morning, the sky was dark with a little gleam, I was still sleeping. He pressed me down with his body and while using his cheeks and nose, he brushed them against my cheeks, neck and shoulder. I could barely open my eyes while patting on his head and asked, “Are you tired? Are you hungry?”

I didn’t wait for any answer and fell back to sleep. I didn’t have any other memories.

7:30AM – My alarm rang and gave me a shock. I realized Jungkook ended up sleeping on me. He must have done it purposely, to take revenge on how I accidentally slept lying on him last night.

With great difficulty, I moved him onto the bed. I unbuttoned two of his shirt’s button, took off his socks, and yawned while going to wash up and brush my teeth.

I met Suga in the lift, he looks dispirited and listless, I explained a little too embarrassedly, “I’m sorry for yesterday, I hope you don’t mind, Jungkook speaks like that, he has no ill intentions.”

He rubbed on his temples and said, “It doesn’t matter to me what that person from your family says, it’s just that last night while sending Nayeon home, I got laughed at the entire trip. At her door we met Namjoon, and she was in such a hurry to retell the entire story to Namjoon, so I got mocked one more time by Namjoon.”

Namjoon is Nayeon’s husband, and Suga was Nayeon’s first love. Suga and Namjoon were roommates in university. It was said that Suga was even more of a bastard about relationships in the past than he is now. He was classified as the type of person who, while travelling across ten thousand flowers, came in contact with the flowers, in contact with the leaves, in contact with the faeces used as fertilizer, therefore Nayeon gave up on him, and turned into Namjoon’s embrace instead. Suga suddenly came back to his senses and returned to being a good man, but Nayeon was firm in her decision…. Anyway, they have a story between them, what’s right, what’s wrong, I am not that sure. However, Nayeon and Namjoon became a loving pair, so we know that in their story, Suga is definitely a supporting role, a thousand wrongs, or ten thousand wrongs, it’s all the supporting role’s wrong.

Suga plucked out two hairs while facing the mirror in the lift, “Lisa, let’s say life is a novel, did I offend the author?”

I touched my neck with a laugh but didn’t comment.

During lunch break I called Jungkook, he said he was already back to work, he even used a low and coarse voice to announce to me that he’s having gastric pain.

I said, if you have gastric pain then you better puke out the two spicy white radish slices you ate secretly last night.

He said he won’t. It took him great ordeal to sneak something spicy to eat, he had to cherish the taste for three days.

I helplessly said with a laugh, “Remember to take your medicine.”

He said, “You are so naggy, I’m going.” Then he hung up.

Sometimes I get taken aback by the occasional childish behavior that Jungkook shows. Just like that time in university I had a quarrel with him. I bought an yellow colour couple wear online which he refused to wear. I was so angry, mainly because that was bought with money. Not wearing it is an insult to money. So I nagged and nagged by his ears every day. I said, I won’t study with you at night unless you wear it; I won’t pack food for you, unless you wear it; You can’t hold my hand or waist, unless you wear it.